Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank whoreing on zm: The good and the bad.

1. Default Rank whoreing on zm: The good and the bad.

Well i am one of zm's original and I have been part of one of the finest zm community's in the game for along time, but as of late I am sick of the "stat whores" who will only play a map if it is an easy map to get rank up.

Players such as these attend to only benefit themselves and are selfish in their ways, some are admins and others are normal regulars. Their may be only a few dozen people who do it reguarly, but the idea becomes more about having a better kdr, then what the game is really about; which is having fun.

Now I personally like the ranking system, it give's people an idea on how well they do and goals too move forward on but 1 of 2 things need to change.

A) We need to re-modify the zm servers so that both cade maps and escape maps reward players based on the difficulty to survive as a human. Cade maps would give lower total skill bonus rewards then a escape map would. ( difficult cade maps could have more skill points rewarded then easier escape maps if the map is favoured for either humans or zombies... ect... )

B) Forcing players who are in the server to play. This concept would force people out of spectate, besides admins, soo then people couldn't skip a map because they 'didn't like it or couldnt protect their rank.
    - Admins found abusing spectator should lose admin privileged because they would not support the server and the best interests of the server.
    - players who don't like the maps can either rtv and wait it out or disconnect and rejoin when the map changes. special circumstances could allow a player too sit in spectate.

C) Changing the way ZM maps are viewed; This may vary from person to person but i think in a broad over view we need too define what cade and escape maps are as a community and how to properly beat them.
    Example: Cade maps - Require some imagination, team work and a bit of expirence before you can really compete in the ibis servers.
    Escape maps - usually require teamwork and group cooperation, alot of experience is required to master them.

*Now I really didn't define them and give them a true definition on how to play them and how they are properly played but I couldn't tell you how many times that I am always the last human to be alive on an escape map because no one knows what too do or tries to figure the maps out.*

Anyways; I came to post this because I feel that a general shift in the community in the zombie mod servers could go along way for the future of ibis zombie mod as we have one of the best in CSS. I just feel that the general population is a bit clueless and with a little direction, a different tone/attidude and playing the game the way it's suppose to be played will help the zm prosper down the road. I feel as the zombie mod is doing well, but it could ALWAYS GET BETTER.

Anwyays, I'll be on the servers a bit more often and I would like too see other opinions and thoughts/suggestions. I'm not trying too call anyone out or too say ibis is in anyway/shape/form going downhill when infact I can see great things in the future for ibis.

From your's Truely;

THE one and only THE HOLY SH**!

-Zombies Last Meal-
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

One sec *logs off zmod server* OK! Just wanted to set a good example for that second bullet xD.

To start off, I'm gonna throw in I'm a new admin, but I've played the server for a few years now under both Chef and "Kung Fu Action Jesus", and would definitely agree that maps of recent have become rather overplayed. Although maps like Little Town and Snoopie have their unfair advantages making them beneficial to ranking up, I'm not gonna say they get anymore overplayed than some ze maps that are unbalanced on the zombie end (ex: LOTR Maps with their bad spawns). That being said, I do enjoy cade maps FAR more than ze for A) the challenge of making a cade that withstands the onslaught of zombies, and B) as you mentioned, ESCAPE MAPS GIVE NO REWARD.

A change in how the ranking points are given for things like ze maps where you meet an objective / survive would eliminate some of the biased stats. We need to remember zmod is NOT DEATHMATCH and should not be ranked purely as one. It plays a key role, but we have never given actual merit to individuals that survive in well constructed cades, or make it to the end of an escape map (which are both what I believe to be just as important as eliminating the zombie foes).

I know we are supposedly putting on 24 or so new maps, which hopefully will help to change the monotony of going to Mines of moria... black mesa... little town... desert fortress.. and repeat. I appreciate all the maps we have, but lets face it, with the amount of maps we circulate a day (1 map every half hour, 24 hours, approximately 48 maps a day), we go through the rotation VERY quickly and that may never be fixed. What we should strive for is re-configuring some of these maps to make them more balanced (ex: Little Town has a new version that's supposedly less CT-sided, and can we configure the LOTR maps to change spawns back to normal?). I know those kind of things should be brought up in the "Configure/Add/Drop Map" Forum but I want to bring it up again because it's relevant...

Lastly, the bit about the players staying in spec for too long. We do have the AFK disconnect thing for those not active for like 15 minutes or so. At most I see about 7 people hanging in spec, but that is during peak hours OR when a map like zm_highschoolbeta comes up where the map does not allow anymore players to join past 18. Normally there will be admins though in spec both discussing and watching the server. I think all admins and clan members can show a bit of courtesy and hop off the server until a map they like comes up (I will try hard to do that).

Thanks for starting a thread on these issues Holy.
    -Chef

3. Default

I will try to make that 40 new maps
    The escape maps that should give out the most skill in my opinion are all Lotr maps,mako reactor and predator ultimate since they seem to rarely get beat.

4. Default

I want to consult about the weapon weights as I feel that they have become unbalanced in recent times due to people wanting to rank in them. You have no idea how many times I have died because some fucking asshole wants to use an UMP to cade.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    I want to consult about the weapon weights as I feel that they have become unbalanced in recent times due to people wanting to rank in them. You have no idea how many times I have died because some fucking asshole wants to use an UMP to cade.
    y do i get the feeling that comment was subtly directed at me?
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: google chrome ;z
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: iv only heard bad stuff about it
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: its just my default for opening links
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: i use opera
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: u use a black woman?
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: opera is a search engine you noob
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: o ..... XD

†Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: ..
    †Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: excuse me while i go eat an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I don't speak retard... try again some other time.
    aNex <ibis>: Oi, cunt
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: haii
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: um... cock
    aNex <ibis>: HA!
    aNex <ibis>: You have no cum back
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: IF I WANTED MY CUMBACK ID HAVE WHIPED IT OFF UR MOMS CHIN
    aNex <ibis>: OH SNAP
    aNex <ibis>: I've never heard that before
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: EXACTLY U SAY NOTHING
    aNex <ibis>: You have legitmatley made my day
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: xD

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pl@YwithM3 View Post
    y do i get the feeling that comment was subtly directed at me?
    Not at all, though I honestly think the pump should be ranked slightly lower since it has a higher damage output + knockback over the auto-shotty. I'm talking about the P90, TMP, and Zombie kills.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    Not at all, though I honestly think the pump should be ranked slightly lower since it has a higher damage output + knockback over the auto-shotty. I'm talking about the P90, TMP, and Zombie kills.
    hahahah +1.75 per kill is crap anyways; blade u can make each pump shotty kill worth -50 rank pnts then. ill PROUDLY be placed 1000+ by the end of the week
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: google chrome ;z
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: iv only heard bad stuff about it
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: its just my default for opening links
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: i use opera
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: u use a black woman?
    R@y :: ibis.a Hangover: opera is a search engine you noob
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: o ..... XD

†Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: ..
    †Jeimuzu(James)† <ibis>: excuse me while i go eat an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    I don't speak retard... try again some other time.
    aNex <ibis>: Oi, cunt
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: haii
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: um... cock
    aNex <ibis>: HA!
    aNex <ibis>: You have no cum back
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: IF I WANTED MY CUMBACK ID HAVE WHIPED IT OFF UR MOMS CHIN
    aNex <ibis>: OH SNAP
    aNex <ibis>: I've never heard that before
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: EXACTLY U SAY NOTHING
    aNex <ibis>: You have legitmatley made my day
    Pl@YwithM3 :: ibis.a: xD

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    U know I'm always right. and deep down everyone knows it although admitting it is the second thing.

8. Default

Yes force people to play every map and not to stay in spec longer then 2 minuts before kicked of the server. Rank whoring is going too far atm, the number one atm and the last number one we had only play to be on position 1 not to play the zombie mod. Look I play on fragmasters once in a while office and there you see a ranking based on true skill not this lousy cheap ranking we see on the zmod these days.

Fallen you play to brag/show off whatever reasons I don't care I'm fine with you being no.1 although your not the best player out there the amount of time you spend on gaining that rank is already achievement on it's own. You and some other people make it so we playing little town and other crappy maps so much and if i have to record it all to proof it we will have hours to watch which is not worth it, beside your stats page say enough.

So my advice your number one, make screen shot and start to play before you got addicted to this rank whoring and let us play less little town and more escape maps or other zm maps expect the easy cheap ones

1 # 1

“Language is a complicated thing! It has multiple meanings.”

9. Default

I did play escape maps when the players could win as a human but now they get raped by the zombies due to lack of teamwork.
    So you would not consider someone one of the best if they beat mako reactor at extreme which is one of the hardest escape maps we have on this server? I have seen that get beat once this was by me,jolloy and some random person but if the server had better team work i would play mako,predator and minas again.

I also am 1st or 2nd in hours for those because i like playing them when there are alot of players. When i started playing wcs more awhile back all i saw in zmod was escape maps almost all the time with there being maybe 1 decent cade map.

Also you should half my hours beacuse thats probably the amount of time i spend in spec and if you cannot be bothered to work that out it comes to 844.5
    Last edited by TheFallen927; 02-16-2012 at 07:48 AM.

10. Default

we should make the para kills worth nothing almost b/c i mean cmon u get a cade with about 3 people with them and know wtf they are doing its over.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.