Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ALERT: Protect IP Bill is WORSE than S.978 and being RUSHED

1. Exclamation ALERT: Protect IP Bill is WORSE than S.978 and being RUSHED

PLEASE WATCH THE ENTIRETY OF THIS VIDEO AS IT CONTAINS CRITICAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW to prevent websites like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc. from being shut down as they operate today! The fate of video game playthroughs, music videos, karaoke, pictures, and censorship in general is at stake!

GO HERE to contact your lawmakers and make your voice be heard on the matter: http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/pipa_house/
    NOTE: DemandProgress does NOT give out your personal information.

2. Default

Im sorry I tried to watch the video but those boobs got the better of me.
    Anyways yea, im more disatified with the congress then any other part of the system.

Why they would make a law like this boggles me, I dont think it would last a year before the supreme court shoots it down, but by then the bill would have done its damage, and thats all the lobbiests care about.
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Heard this bullshit months ago, they did a good job keeping it bottled up until now. Sigh...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Im sorry I tried to watch the video but those boobs got the better of me.
    Anyways yea, im more disatified with the congress then any other part of the system.

Why they would make a law like this boggles me, I dont think it would last a year before the supreme court shoots it down, but by then the bill would have done its damage, and thats all the lobbiests care about.
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    You use the word lobbyist like there some independent source out to make every one miserable. Your wrong, lobbyists get paid by a company to convince and or bribe change in legislation to help benifit the company who hired him.
    Personal reform

5. Default

Never said everyone miserable, just anything that could be a threat to whoever signs their paycheck. Now I understand that's their job description. That does not mean I think a job like that should be as common as it is. They have their place yes, but their job is to try to get us to bend over, our job is to try to keep standing straight. Unless its from someone we love, no reason to just let them stick it in us. No lobbiests dont need to be done away with, but for fucks sake limit how much damn influence they have.

I feel they now have to much power in congress then the actual congress men do. I just view congress as a bunch of puppets that cant think for themselves or for the people that voted for them. I know there are quite a few as disgusted with the way it is and refuse to take the money, I respect those, and I also relize, most of those people dont stay in congress very long.

6. Default

I have a few friends that are lobbyists. Most of their job isn't to convince anyone anything, it's to sell ideas. For example, I met the lobbyist that convinced politicians to sign the law that made smoking illegal in PA restaurants.

She had an interesting pitch, she went to a cigar bar with a few of the bigger names and then a restaurant, when they finished their meal, she walked outside and lit a cig in the dead of winter. They could've smoked after the meal in this restaurant, keeping most of her ideas and such to herself up until this point, she told them "Listen, I know it's the dead of winter and I can smoke in there, but there are children. If we can walk outside to smoke, for their benefit, so can everyone."

Mind you, it's not necessarily that simple, BUT most of their job isn't to whisper ideas and push money, no bribing or such, they treat them to a dinner on the company card, which there are laws restricting how you can do so, making it a legal method and then sell them the idea. Similar to the way a lot of places attempt to sell to captive audiences.

With that in mind, I think blame falls on the politicians for failing to read or understand the laws they've bought into as opposed to the lobbyists.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

7. Default

The lobbyist's are doing a job they are paid to do, I blame it on the actual company's financing them as they are liable for their role in the political scheme. Not all are bad either.

Off Topic: Mikey... How do you feel about your pay and tricare benefits being on the first of the cutting list on the DoD budget? They can't find any other program to cut from? Errhmm... bullshit.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

That sounds more like an activist then a lobbyist. Who was she working for in that situation?
    Why are children in a cigar bar o.O.?

What I also want is actual proof of second hand smoke being bad for you. All they keep throwing around is a study done in the 80s that got discredited for sloppy science. Not saying it isnt bad for your health, but for god sakes, get some actual proof.

@steamer, Now not to get people pissed off, but has anyone noticed that as fewer people go into the armed forces, the defence budget goes up... how the fuck does that work?
    We have less people in the armed forces then we have ever had, yet the biggest defence budget then ever, where the FUCK is the money going?

9. Default

They went to a restaurant after the cigar bar. But even if there's no solid proof, I think it was an improvement of the overall experience in restaurants in PA.

On the other hand, no idea who she lobbied for.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    your helmet is being shipped.

10. Default

Yep yep...

In the "bigger" mans pocket.. and uhh... R&D. A huge portion to R&D, also a huge portion to bullshit R&D, a very nice portion of this goes to black projects. Since they don't have to be reported you really don't know how much of the budget is going into it or who's pocket, I mean what research, it is going into... nice huh?