Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EVE Online

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubbleboo View Post
    Oh hi. Let's play Eve. Let's get an awesome ship and lots of cash and wander the universe. Let's get blown up by a grief clan! LET'S QUIT. WE'RE NOW JUST A FUCKING POD.
    I feel the rage :<
    Currently Playing: EVE Online (PC), Counter-Strike: Source (PC)
    Stoked For: DUST 514 (XBOX360), Global Agenda (PC)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [R] View Post
    Hahaa, too slow pace for you guys or what? Its expected as FPS's are all about twitch gaming and theres no such thing as that in EVE haha.
    Dude, I love RPGs.. Just not the online ones usually.. Star Wars KotOR, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect.. Just to name a few good ones.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Fuck that game, man.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

4. Default

And to Mallissin, the space combat is somewhat dull. It lacks twitch gameplay and requires more strategy. The NPC missions are whack because the npc ships dont really do much but the game developers are adding in these new NPCs that have advanced AI. And I thought and think space combat is boring as hell as well - but whenever I go into a fleet of like 50 battleships to take over a player owned station and have the fleet commander yelling orders to do this and that, its pretty epic.
    I was let down because I had hoped Eve would be like a Privateer Online. Sadly, not anything like it but I'm still impressed by the game. I wish they would balance space combat into something more realistic. It's not possible to hit something 30 kilometers away with a railgun that takes several seconds to land a hit. The target could evade in that time with the speeds the ships are traveling and missiles aren't reliable when you can use long range flak.

They really need to move closer to a dog-fighting combat system, like an old game I use to play called Allegiance. If you want to see space combat done right, you should try playing it for a weekend. You can check it out for free here. If anyone wants some help learning it or a wing-man, let me know!

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Some of the updates to Eve have tried to emulate the command system in Allegiance but still really doesn't get it right.

5. Default

I feel the rage :<
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."