Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EVE Online

1. Default EVE Online

Anyone ever hear of it or try it out? Its an MMO
    Currently Playing: EVE Online (PC), Counter-Strike: Source (PC)
    Stoked For: DUST 514 (XBOX360), Global Agenda (PC)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [R] View Post
    Anyone ever hear of it or try it out? Its an MMO
    Fuck that game, man.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Fuck that game, man.
    Agreed.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Hahaa, too slow pace for you guys or what? Its expected as FPS's are all about twitch gaming and theres no such thing as that in EVE haha.

5. Default

Jigsaw tried it i think.
    -MBP

6. Default

I heard it's too late to enter the Eve world.

people tell me that the only way to start playing is to get into a corperation (guild/clan) b/c if you don't, then every five minutes you'll get killed for being in someones territory. If your not in a corperation then you can't get money to upgrade your ship by farming the materials b/c they're in somones territory. If you don't have money or a good ship, then you can't join a corperation.

Therefore it's a game full of fail b/c you need to be in a corperation to do anything, but you need money and a good ship to get into a corperation.

7. Default

It's worth playing for a few days if only to enjoy the graphics. Warping through solar systems in accurate movements can be pretty impressive in some of the larger systems they made.

But the space combat itself isn't realistic and very boring.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    I heard it's too late to enter the Eve world.

people tell me that the only way to start playing is to get into a corperation (guild/clan) b/c if you don't, then every five minutes you'll get killed for being in someones territory. If your not in a corperation then you can't get money to upgrade your ship by farming the materials b/c they're in somones territory. If you don't have money or a good ship, then you can't join a corperation.

Therefore it's a game full of fail b/c you need to be in a corperation to do anything, but you need money and a good ship to get into a corperation.
    Naw, this isnt true. There is a security status for each system (and there are a lot of systems) that range from 0.0 to 1.0. Anything 0.5 and above is generally safe. If someone attacks you for no reason their ship will get blown up by the NPC police (Concord). The only way they're allowed to attack you in High Security is if you're participating in faction war and enter their territory or if you try to steal their cargo or something.

Corporations arent necessary but I believe that EVE isnt just a game you can play by yourself. Joining a corporation changed my gameplay because I was able to learn more about the game and participate in pvp and exploring wormholes and such. And if you think that you wont be able to catch up to the veteran players that have more skill points than you, you're somewhat wrong. Skills cap out at level 5 and there are diminishing returns after each level of a skill (time vs. reward) so you can be on par with a 3-4 year veterans in skills within 4-5 months of skill training. However they have more experience and money to fund their ships so it might be harder but im just proving my point.

And to Mallissin, the space combat is somewhat dull. It lacks twitch gameplay and requires more strategy. The NPC missions are whack because the npc ships dont really do much but the game developers are adding in these new NPCs that have advanced AI. And I thought and think space combat is boring as hell as well - but whenever I go into a fleet of like 50 battleships to take over a player owned station and have the fleet commander yelling orders to do this and that, its pretty epic.

9. Default

Oh hi. Let's play Eve. Let's get an awesome ship and lots of cash and wander the universe. Let's get blown up by a grief clan! LET'S QUIT. WE'RE NOW JUST A FUCKING POD.
    Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i never thought you would put walter under the category of "male."