Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My CSS broke somehow

1. Default My CSS broke somehow

Ok so whenever i try joining a server in css it fucks up. I can enter the game, it just wont let me join a server. It gives me a Engine Error message saying "Internal Driver Error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" Then when i hit ok it gives me a message saying hl2.exe has to close. When i hit close it says hl2.exe-application error with a message saying "The instruction at "0x0e917e13" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Then i hit ok and it closes out of the game.

Idk what to do to fix this, i dont want to totally reinstall steam cuz i would have to take all my skins off and stuff and i dont want to do all that over again. Please help if you got any ideas.
    -MBP

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    Ok so whenever i try joining a server in css it fucks up. I can enter the game, it just wont let me join a server. It gives me a Engine Error message saying "Internal Driver Error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()" Then when i hit ok it gives me a message saying hl2.exe has to close. When i hit close it says hl2.exe-application error with a message saying "The instruction at "0x0e917e13" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Then i hit ok and it closes out of the game.

Idk what to do to fix this, i dont want to totally reinstall steam cuz i would have to take all my skins off and stuff and i dont want to do all that over again. Please help if you got any ideas.
    hanging out at my local gamestop waiting for ODST to come out and I decided to check out the forums on my iPhone lawl.

MBP my cousin had a problem just like yours, he could start CSS up but he can't join a server. he had to uninstall steam completely and reinstalled it.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

Fairly common error.

Try running down Valve's FAQ for it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5204-UOSN-9830

It seems more common in newer video cards (last 3 years) because of anti-GPU crashing measures in the drivers.

This is what happens; you load the game fine but when the game starts to load a map (a tougher job than just loading the game) it's causing the GPU kernel to crash for some reason, forcing the driver to try to reconnect and leaving the game without any video cards available to render the map on, which causes the game to crash with that error.

There could be many causes, from a bad setting in the game's video settings or your video card driver, to a corrupt model or texture in your CS:S directory.

So, before doing #4 on Valve's walkthrough, do a search in your Steam directory for any files modified or created in the last few weeks, move a few out to a safe place, try loading the game and repeat until the error goes away. Eventually you'll find the culprit if the problem is indeed a corrupt model or texture, or come to realize a complete reinstall is in order.
    Last edited by Mallissin; 09-22-2009 at 01:30 AM.

4. Default

Wow thanks Mallissin you may have actually helped me out to... I can get in game and even play for an hour or two but then I start getting an HL2.exe error and get kicked out of game. Odd thing is if I rejoin sometimes its fine other times it will do it minutes later. When it does it seems completely random even the map doesn't seem to matter much.

I have two Nvidia 9600 GSO and cant even play Call of Duty 4 (which came free with the video cards) It seems that a lot of people are having the same issue... and it looks like it could be the drivers. I like Nvidia cards but there customer service is complete bullshit.

Its like wow thanks for buying these new video cards but we aren't gonna release a fixed driver for some time... hahahahaha.

You Might Want To Get That Little Black Chip That Stores All Your Info From Your Computer (I Think It's For Laptops Only, Not Sure) And Whatever In It, So Next Time If You Have A Problem Like This You Wont Have To Worry

P.s. I Don't Remember What The Chip Was Called, All I Know Is That My Ex Was A Nerd Like You Guys (LOL) When It Came To Computers !!!!! I Cannot Belive I'm Still Up WoW, Im About To Pass Out Goodnights
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/sillylilcutie/imgonnagetchasigcopy.jpg
    Every @-}---- Has Its Thorn

6. Default

Yah, I'm not too pleased with Nvidia at the moment either. I bought a 260 GTX to work on a CUDA project, giving my old ATI 3870s to a friend, and the new card does GPU recovers all the time when I'm watching videos. Never had any issues with the 3870s. So, I need to turn off Hardware Acceleration in Flash to be able to browse the web without the error popping up and turn off all "PureVideo" settings in the Nvidia control panel to stop Netflix videos from causing worse problems (black speckles across the screen). After doing this, it still has problems on occasion.

If you're sure it's the drivers, the Nvidia control panel lets you change settings on a per application basis. Hop in there, find the game in question and turn complicated things off. "Conformant texture clamp" and "Threaded optimization" seem to do the most help turned off on older games.

7. Default

I don't know if anyone else has said it yet because there are giant blocks of text that I don't feel like reading right now, but...

Roll back your video card drivers.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

8. Default

it seems to be a problem relating to drivers. there were a lot of post saying different/older drivers have fixed this problem so yea.....

+1 Sin

9. Default

If you are bit using latest driver then update. If you are then you should switch to an old driver and use that until a fix is released.

What is funny is that this is not really the video cards fault but the game for having unstable or corrupted files. The issue with the video card is just that it is forcing the user out before they play the game rather than crash the entire computer later on.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ImGonnaGetCha View Post
    You Might Want To Get That Little Black Chip That Stores All Your Info From Your Computer (I Think It's For Laptops Only, Not Sure) And Whatever In It, So Next Time If You Have A Problem Like This You Wont Have To Worry
    you mean a usb chip with the system restore on it or do you mean Deep Freeze?