Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Winter Things

1. Default

Don't like:

1) Frostbite. (I used to bicycle to highschool in -35°C (-31°F) weather, and that wasn't fun, since you couldn't breathe.)

2) Strong, cold harsh winds.

3) Shoveling mounds of snow.

Like:

1) Cut down on beer (beer is only REALLY good if you drink it ice cold on hot days after doing physical work). Hot tea and hot chocolate in winter.

2) Rye whiskey.

3) Skating with someone special (gotta find someone special first).

4) Family get-togethers at Christmas.

5) Why would you go on a warm vacation during winter? Who doesn't love snow!?

2. Default

It's about 90 degrees here.. And it'll only go down to about 75-85 by Christmas day.

So there really is nothing I like about winter down here in Florida.. Apart from it not being 100 degrees..

And dude, change your sig.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    It's about 90 degrees here.. And it'll only go down to about 75-85 by Christmas day.

So there really is nothing I like about winter down here in Florida.. Apart from it not being 100 degrees..
    that sucks james. im up in sc and im happy that it actually started cooling down. it was seventy a few days ago. also its amazing in the morning cuz its chilly. but yesterday and today have been eighty five for some reason :/

@walter: damn if it was -31°F in my area, school would be cancelled lol

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

4. Default

The pics of the fireplace are going to make me cry... my old place had a fireplace. Although my new place has a 50" plasma

I am not going to post winter stuff but here is the best of the best for Fall:
    Pumpkin Pie
    Apple Cider with mulling spice
    Chi with pumpkin spice
    Turkey
    Hockey Season
    Changes of the leaves
    That nice not to hot and not freeze my ass off
    Discounts on high volume candy

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    discounts on high volume candy
    ccchhoooocccoooollaaattteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    All the Canadians around here seem to dread winter, so I started trying to think of good things about it.
    OMG! SAME IN BOISE!!

grew up in the south.

In the south, it's kind of worse b/c it's a super penetrating humid cold that no amount of layering up will help.

In the north, it's a dry cold that isn't as penetrating. 'cept the windy days.

DISLIKES:
    ~Icy Roads.
    ~Having to warm up the Car.
    ~Scraping the Ice off the Car.
    ~The first melt... when the top layer of snow is still there, but underneath is a huge slushy ready to eat your feet.

~Lower Electric bill b/c i like it cold.
    ~Burning calories while bordering hypothermia with shivering (increase weight loss with tape worm and laxatives)
    ~SNOW! SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!
    ~your breath when it's cold.
    ~the sound of snow crunching underfoot.
    ~the air smells cleaner.
    ~S'MORES!!!!
    ~Layering up for warmth.
    ~using a blanket on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    well us canadians do these things....

Vacation

Crank up the Heat

Turn to channel 110 on shaw cable for the fireplace

Curl up on the couch with a nice warm blanket and drink scotch and watch reruns of House M.D.

Put on your winter jacket boots etc.. and game on winter maps making it feel more real...

(in ghetto houses only) turn on the oven and leave the door down...

take a nice warm shower with a nice looking girl and have her go down on you....

call us all over with our computers and together we can game and generate enough heat to probably kill the computers...

Clone
    Vacation, check. Going to Florida for 2 weeks in December/January! Get to see the folks and my brother.

Ahahahah my relatives TOTALLY turned on the fireplace channel while we were unwrapping presents at Christmas, and I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever... It made me laugh a lot.

And I think I'm definitely going to try gaming on a winter map with my jacket, toque, and boots on.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    Did you say CHOCOLATE?!?!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iciVM9SbNw

Clone

"If BBW's were candy I would have one every day hahahaahha"
    "Have you every heard of the dating website plentyoffish.com?? well I check out the website PlentyofWhales.com HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA"
    "I have a super power called retarded... but i use it sparingly"

Clone

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    And, being from Florida, I thought that was kind of retarded. All the Canadians around here seem to dread winter, so I started trying to think of good things about it.
    So let me get this straight. You moved from FL to Canada. ... Why!? What's your citizenship status here?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post