Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: can i get unbanned please?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    Someone asked if I remembered the name "DJ Sniper" and I didn't. I do remember a "Sniper Kid". He was muted for a time and then removed after shooting a cade down with 5+ people behind it.

But why are you even getting involved? Use to be a rule for the Admin Abuse and Unban sections that only IBIS, the admin that banned and the person banned were allowed to respond. Otherwise everyone and their mother decides to stick their nose in places they shouldn't.

Now it seems like etiquette is thrown out the window and anyone bored enough, or opinionated/self-important enough, responds to these things.
    That would include yourself.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=1975&page=3
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=1957&page=3
    Last edited by Christmas; 10-11-2009 at 11:44 PM.

2. Default

Both times well after the admin that did the banning responded, as well as an IBIS member. I held my tongue until those that needed to speak did, perhaps you should try some of the same discipline.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    Both times well after the admin that did the banning responded, as well as an IBIS member. I held my tongue until those that needed to speak did, perhaps you should try some of the same discipline.
    That isn't what you said.

Use to be a rule for the Admin Abuse and Unban sections that only IBIS, the admin that banned and the person banned were allowed to respond. Otherwise everyone and their mother decides to stick their nose in places they shouldn't.

Now it seems like etiquette is thrown out the window and anyone bored enough, or opinionated/self-important enough, responds to these things.
    Either way, James was trying to help out. It's not a big deal. And if clan members really want to keep the forums on topic and well moderated, they need to have some sort of guidelines for people to see when they join the community. A clan member saying something here and there isn't going to teach people what the proper etiquette is here, and it is shown by the fact you and I are discussing the situation here with our own interpretations of what clan members have said in the past.
    Last edited by Christmas; 10-12-2009 at 12:58 AM.

4. Default

Christmas is right, I was just trying to help.

Wouldn't have posted anything after my first post if I wasn't given false information. >.>

I can't look at records of why/how people were banned. And Zero/others aren't always available. Like I said, I asked everyone who was on, and that even included you via Dart. I didn't say I would unban him or anything, I was just trying to figure out why he was banned, since he didn't give a reason.

Anyhow, it's over with.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 10-12-2009 at 01:30 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

I didn't cade break...i did get muted yesterday, and then i got banned. And we were on bumfight, theres like no cades to break on that map...

6. Default

By the way its 10:10 AM EST, and i'm still banned..

7. Default

i was in there when you recieved your ban. you were mic spamming and you also dodged your mute if i remember correctly. although there was someone else who was muted and i might be remembering them dodging thier mute, i do clearly remember you mic spamming. im not sure about the cade breaking part..

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post
    i was in there when you recieved your ban. you were mic spamming and you also dodged your mute if i remember correctly. although there was someone else who was muted and i might be remembering them dodging thier mute, i do clearly remember you mic spamming. im not sure about the cade breaking part..
    I banned him for 7 days for mic spamming.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

9. Default

That isn't what you said.
    Admin responded, IBIS responded, thread wasn't locked, therefore it's fair game. Enough said. My statement remains, keep your damn nose out of shit if the facts haven't been laid out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I banned him for 7 days for mic spamming.
    So, he mic spammed after getting back from the short cade breaking ban and got an even bigger ban, and then comes on the forum to whine the second time.

Nice, Kid. To put some perspective on things, this guy turns out to be lolbutter, who's also known to do the same crap. Guess he decided to change his name to avoid the reputation he made.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=27725

10. Default

Wow, oh wow. 7 day ban for mic spamming... All i said was 'Girugamesh'...
    On the other hand, lolbutter is my brother, so we share the steam ID. Sorry.
    In that case, see you in 6 days.