Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: a question about the <Ibis> tag

1. Default a question about the <Ibis> tag

i know that admins have the the <Ibis.a> tag to let people know that they are admins but what about us ibis regulars and forum community members.
    One thing I'm constantly trying to do when a round starts in zombie mod is finding the regulars to team up with but there are so many people to scan through. And we don't always use the same name for ingame. Why can't we start using a tag like <ibis.c> meaning community or i<ibis.r> for regulars. But i can see how r would be confused with reserved players.

2. Default

I like that idea, mag. +1.

Clan == <ibis>
    Admin == <ibis.a>
    Reserved == <ibis.r>
    Regular == <ibis.reg>

The regulars must have at least played on the server for say, I don't know, 1 month on a consistent basis?

Good?

3. Default

I like that idea..
    I remember probably about a year or so ago, if you played the server alot, it automatically changed your name to like [IBIS Fan].

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    I like that idea, mag. +1.

Clan == <ibis>
    Admin == <ibis.a>
    Reserved == <ibis.r>
    Regular == <ibis.reg>

The regulars must have at least played on the server for say, I don't know, 1 month on a consistent basis?

Good?
    This wont work and Im suprised that you wouldnt remember this Walter...

08-20-2008 11:41 PMZERO
    Ok, here is the deal. You guys can have ibis in the group name on the forums but you can not have IBIS in your names ingame. Now while I am sure that you and all future members of these groups will try to behave I can not allow the use of IBIS to go unregulated. Everyone in the forums understands that this is simply a group of ibis fans that are friends, but players on the server are not as knowledgeable. Also anyone that has the IBIS tag is an ambassador of IBIS, they represent IBIS. Admins for example can have powers taken away if they tarnish our name. But what of a "fan" of ibis. How is he punished -banning; this seems rather harsh as an instant response. Especially so when the fact that there is no overall system of regulation for this and future groups other than friendship. In other words because the actions and operations of this and other groups are not official representatives of ibis nor are they controlled by any direct authority or system with the authority of ibis, ibis can not be used in any tags ingame assuming that such tags exist anyway.

Thank you for your understanding,
    ZERO <ibis>

5. Default

1. I don't see why anyone would want to put that tag on if you aren't affiliated with the clan in any way.

2. It will be even harder to find out if an admin is on with all the "IBIS" tags around.

3. Vladninja's post.

Basically, no.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Basically, no.
    Agreed.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

Well I thought I would ask and I can see your points. Well I'm up for any suggestions for an unofficial tag for Forum members then that doesn't have ibis in it. I just wanted see the forum members unified on the servers and to show that we are proud of it .

8. Default

I say we forum members just tag ourselves up with like two capital letters to let everyone know that we have at least a tiny bit of knowledge

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by yours' truely View Post
    I say we forum members just tag ourselves up with like two capital letters to let everyone know that we have at least a tiny bit of knowledge
    This is how [GS-ZM] was started.

10. Default

i was thinking more of [deuche]