Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Todays ZM crash

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    Get rid of the fucking zombie hands !

They look OK... I just don't like that its a hack and every like 12 frames its regular hands.

That and humans have them...
    Agreed. +1.

You don't see it on the forums, but I've heard quite a few people bitch in-game about the zombie vision, about the hands, and most recently about the music (although not so much about the music, some like it...). All three are annoying, and at least thank God for bind "l" "zombie_vision 0".

2. Default

The IBIS Server sends out more packets due to having a higher tick rate and the fact that I have high max rate settings. The reason for this is to ensure that all clients are able to get the packets needed to ensure the best shot registration possible. As for noblock being turned on or off at maps this is at map start before any players are playing the game. In addition it did not crash the server because if it did the server would restart. What it did instead was freeze the server.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Agreed. +1.

You don't see it on the forums, but I've heard quite a few people bitch in-game about the zombie vision, about the hands, and most recently about the music (although not so much about the music, some like it...). All three are annoying, and at least thank God for bind "l" "zombie_vision 0".
    Zombie vision is necessary because it makes it very easy to realize that you have been tagged by a zombie.

If people really care enough to be rid of it there is a simple line you can type in console.

Also Zero needs to use the music I recommended. It's the best.

4. Default

I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now, but it doesnt really bother me anymore because I just press K everytime I get tagged

bind "k" "zombie_vision 0"

but I think switching it over to this would be a good idea, with a proper healthbar thats up all the time rather than just when you get shot

rather than this
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 11-05-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now...
    We had that last year. It was great.

But as the trend is going, everything seems to be going down the shithole, so what's to expect.

6. Default

I don't get how the zombie vision is annoying.. I do get how the hands are though. Halfway through the attack you get a knife, and then it disappears..

If you remove the zombie vision, but put health up constantly, wouldn't that get on your nerves? At least the zombie vision blends in. A constant health bar would just be out of place.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

7. Default

I'd prefer a tinted version of the zombie vision to what it is now, but it doesnt really bother me anymore because I just press K everytime I get tagged

bind "k" "zombie_vision 0"

but I think switching it over to this would be a good idea, with a proper healthbar thats up all the time rather than just when you get shot

rather than this
    thats cause you have super low resolution.
    i have 1440x900 and the vision really dosn't block much view

Live or die, make your choice.

8. Default

my peripheral vision while playing is bad enough with 1, 22 inch monitor, its much worse with zvision on, and I just hate those bright ugly colors, maybe if the colors were abit darker it wouldn't bother me as much.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

9. Default

im running at 1024 x 768 always have been, although I run left 4 dead and tf2 at 800x600 to keep the frames up

and 1024 is considered low?

10. Default

im running at 1024 x 768 always have been, although I run left 4 dead and tf2 at 800x600 to keep the frames up

and 1024 is considered low?
    Yes. My family's computer was running 1024x768 in 2003.

800x600 is quite poor by today's standards. I'm not one to be in the "technology loop," but I don't think I would like running that today. Especially when I was programming, I had multiple windows up, and there just isn't enough space on the display monitor.