Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZM Major Lag Update

1. Arrow ZM Major Lag Update

As you may know there has been very bad lag on the zm server. Some new and some old. Yesterday the server got some big updates that fixed a lot of exploits and thus has greatly reduced the number of crashes in the last 24 hours. In addition I have released major updates to some of my custom scripts such as auto equip that has immensely reduced round start lag.

With these software updates also comes some performance updates. The servers process priority has been increased to prevent lag spikes when clients connect and or disconnect from the server. Also the fps of the server has been doubled to provide greater overhead for server performance so that the server has an easier time producing its 66 effective tick rate. These changes should reduce what people refer to as "cpu server side lag". (note that it actually has little to do with the cpu of the server)

The other servers will also be updated with similar changes (with the exception of fps increases) in order to increase performance and reduce lag on them as well.

2. Default

zero you badly need to reenable bind "k" "zombie_vision 0" I cant play with 1/4th my screen blinded and other people are complaining too.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    zero you badly need to reenable bind "k" "zombie_vision 0" I cant play with 1/4th my screen blinded and other people are complaining too.
    Agreed. +1.

Lol Satan shit bricks yesterday because of that. He said he would never come back...

4. Default

we also need a working votemute which only requires one person to type votemute and 3 votes to pass, and can be done over and over again to people who reconnect to bypass it.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Both of those are problems created by programs that I did not make and the zombie vision is a change in zombie mod that I can not change. What resolution are these people playing at? I use 1034x768 and can see fine...

6. Default

1024 x 768 as always.

7. Default

1400x900, it is very annoying not being able to disable the vision. Maybe change it up or renable?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    1400x900, it is very annoying not being able to disable the vision. Maybe change it up or renable?
    i play at this and I've enver had a problem with seeing things.

plus, your a zombie. how much accuracy do you need?

9. Default

alot of acuracy, escpecally when underfire and on fire.

10. Default

Still noticing some high choke, but I'm getting use to it.

A worse problem is the fact whenever a vehicle that moves on the Z axis is in a map, it causes horrible lag. Regular boats or the helicopter on ATIX work fine, but the helicopter or pods on Boat escape, the helicopter on paradise, etc. will all cause horrendous lag. I use to think it was only vehicles that players can control, but tonight we played paradise and the lag started the moment the helicopter activated.

It literally makes your screen stutter, stopping everything in jolts, making the game unplayable.

We also had a weird physics issue with objects. Some maps will let you push objects by running into them, and the use key (E) will do nothing. Well, earlier this evening a normal map had this issue and we had to restart to correct.