Thread: Major Forum Update

1. Arrow Major Forum Update

VB 4.0 is going to be releasing soon and I am going to be preordering it. The new version will force us to change the style of the forums a lot however it will undergo extensive testing and upgrading before you ever even see it.

VB 4.0 is going to include many new features that will make using the forums much easier and will also increase security along with performance. I just wanted to give you all a heads up on this so that you know that these forums will look much different at the end of the year.
    Last edited by ZERO; 10-16-2009 at 05:12 PM.

2. Default

Update: it appears that the new version is going to support fully integrated CMS. Therefore the forums and the website can be better integrated than ever before and because of the added SEO optimizations we will be using this CMS system for the new website. As a result all development on the new website has been canceled. The new website will be made from the ground up using the new VB4.0 CMS system. This should allow for much better cross platform integration of information and will greatly increase user experience. In addition the new version will have integrated social networking features and other powerful tools that will make the site and forums better than ever. Here are some beta pics of the new version (note that we will be using custom themes and probably one as close to the current as possible)

Awesome

4. Default

Very nice.

Because of this new system, would it be necessary to pick a different logo/theme/banner?

I'm up for whatever is needed.

5. Default

The theme will be different than the current one but I have already contacted the creator of this theme to see if he will be releasing a similar one for vb4.

WAIT. Did you say... blogs? BLOGS? BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOGS!

7. Default

he said penis.

8. Default

Just got a message back from our current theme developer:
    We are in the process of acquiring vb4 and then we will be looking at all the code changes to see what will need to be done. As of now we do plan to update all SGFX skins once vb4 is released.
    This is great news as the new forums and site should be similar to the current. However it is important to note that a lot of our style is custom work that I have added over the years such as the reply and post icons for example. Along with some of the icons in the edit boxes. These will all be moved as well and I will personally be editing the new site with our own unique twist too.

9. Default

Improved performance is always welcomed.

As for blogs?.. Oh jeeze..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

dont know wat any of this means but if its something good then thats good XD