Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: a new kind of dumbass

1. Default a new kind of dumbass

I have started noticing that newcomers to the zm server seem to think that they are in charge and the best in the game. For instance i was building a cade and 2 newbies decided it was there cade, needless to say it failed bringing me down with them. when i asked them to stop messing with the cade they seem to just shrug me off.

i really don't know how much more of it i can take. I would suggest to them to go watch James' videos but most of these people don't get as much into this as we tend to. I'm just getting fed up with all of this stuff. I mean, i know im in there for fun to take a break from reality and we have these dumbasses who just mess it up for everyone. between that and people just opening doors for zombies, literally. on atex we had set up a cade in one of the rooms that has a skylight, btw it could only be opened from the inside. well we were holding it off great and suddenly a jumper appears among us. as it turns out a newbie named bling had opened the skylight and just let the zombie in.

2. Default

There is some regulars like that too. I forgot his name, but he was dictating how to build a cade in a place where I have caded successfully on lila panic (the crate) with a vending machine. My last straw was when he shot it out to the end where a possible moron with a grenade can blow it out... and that is exactly what happened. I cussed him out telling him the next time he wants to tell me how to build a cade listen to others and not go doing them on his own or go cade by his damn self.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

Loka you need to start playing zm again.

There was an idiot in the server yesterday mic spamming and I was told this over steam, I came in the server and banned him. I was labeled savior of the server lol.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by echo501st View Post
    I have started noticing that newcomers to the zm server seem to think that they are in charge and the best in the game. For instance i was building a cade and 2 newbies decided it was there cade, needless to say it failed bringing me down with them. when i asked them to stop messing with the cade they seem to just shrug me off.

i really don't know how much more of it i can take. I would suggest to them to go watch James' videos but most of these people don't get as much into this as we tend to. I'm just getting fed up with all of this stuff. I mean, i know im in there for fun to take a break from reality and we have these dumbasses who just mess it up for everyone. between that and people just opening doors for zombies, literally. on atex we had set up a cade in one of the rooms that has a skylight, btw it could only be opened from the inside. well we were holding it off great and suddenly a jumper appears among us. as it turns out a newbie named bling had opened the skylight and just let the zombie in.
    Arent you admin.

5. Default

a private invite only zm server would remedy this.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    a private invite only zm server would remedy this.
    what, and have it just like the pub? that would kill the IBIS zm experiance.

While there is a ton of morons out there (me included) the best solution would either get admin or wait untill more ppl get reserved spots so when they log in the morons would be booted one by one.

so in short... tell your friends, get them hooked (like drug dealers) and convince them to get reserved spots.

7. Default

I know what you mean Echo. I had the same thing happen to me last time I played ZM. Some random guy came in, and acted like he owned the place while I was in the middle of setting up the barricade. I was so tempted to type rank.. Instead I let him build the cade, and watched him get tagged.. Got him and the invading zombie stuck and killed them both, and built the cade myself. Was pretty funny actually.

As for a private ZM server?.. Naw. I heard that was what gs-zm(or whatever) was basically. And they obviously aren't around anymore.

What seems to make the current ZM such a success is the mix of newcomers, regulars, and pro admins. It keeps the servers all alive.

Though most of those admins have gone off to college.. X_X I need admin again.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 10-17-2009 at 12:08 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    Loka you need to start playing zm again.

There was an idiot in the server yesterday mic spamming and I was told this over steam, I came in the server and banned him. I was labeled savior of the server lol.
    you were honey, i was there, i was getting res but he was slow as a fat whore
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

9. Default

I mean 2 servers, the regular ibis one, and an unmarked one, invite password protected one.

it'd be nice to have more than 40% of the team to actually know what to do and what not to do, rather than having abunch of annoying people around who fuck up your shit for fun.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    I mean 2 servers, the regular ibis one, and an unmarked one, invite password protected one.

it'd be nice to have more than 40% of the team to actually know what to do and what not to do, rather than having abunch of annoying people around who fuck up your shit for fun.
    exactly i hardly play anymore because i'm a wcs whore,if there weren't dumbasses who didn't know things after doing something i would play more often these days