Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Downloading

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Download bittorrent. And then download utorrent. And then download shit off of mininova.org

Even if you don't have your ports forwarded, as long as whatever you're trying to download has a decent amount of seeders, then they should go pretty fast.
    Takes days to download anything substantial.

I love Ares simply because I can get a good set of songs in minutes.

Do they even track Ares downloaders anymore? It was a big thing a couple years ago but it kinda fell apart.

2. Default

Particular programs aren't tracked.... It's the networks they run off of.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Takes days to download anything substantial.

I love Ares simply because I can get a good set of songs in minutes.

Do they even track Ares downloaders anymore? It was a big thing a couple years ago but it kinda fell apart.
    If it's taking you days to download something, then it's a problem either on your end or your choice in torrent download.

www.portforward.com - Excellent source. Make sure you set up a STATIC IP!!!! IMPORTANT!!

Make sure you have the right ports forwarded. Ares and all the other P2P Programs are the same way. If you want faster download speeds then you'll need to open up the specific port that the program is trying to access (which you can set yourself, or choose a random one).

The way torrents work is simple. You have your "local" and "remote" sources for download. As you know, you don't download a complete file from one source/person, only increments. If your ports aren't open, then you only have access to the "local" sources. Whereas if you did open them, you'd gain access to the "remote" sources.

If you already know all of that, and you're still having fairly slow download speeds off of torrents, then you have a shitty ISP, for which I apologize. T_T

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

4. Default

I honestly prefer "direct" methods and private sites/trackers myself.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    I honestly prefer "direct" methods and private sites/trackers myself.
    DC is awesome on college campuses.

6. Default

Haha, I bet it is. Wouldn't mind a 100/100+ connection home =\.

7. Default

Who would? Shit's not fair. q_q

8. Default

Well I could soon have 100+/25 home, but the shit is rediculously expensive. =\