Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Downloading

1. Default Downloading

Sup guys. So i used to use limewire until about 2 weeks ago it stopped connecting so i couldnt find any songs i was trying to download. I downloaded frostwire and ares also to see if they would work. Nothing has worked, they all have the same connection problem. I thought maybe because im a college network it wont let me, but my roommates dont have any problems with using these programs. I thought it might be a firewall problem, but i turned off my windows firewall and it was still doing it. I dont know what else to do to fix this problem. Anybody use these programs and have any tips for me to fix them? Thanks.
    -MBP

2. Default

I would avoid using any of them as they are slow and can be easily traced. If you want to transfer data safely and quickly torrent is the way to go.

3. Default

if your using school internet i wouldn't use any at all to be honest. i always waited until i got home to download music anyways since the IT guys would get a message about illegal downloading from the recording industry and find the student(s) who were downloading the content.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Fuck. Well it just started working. My school just sets a download limit, if you dont go over i dont think they care much.
    -MBP

5. Default

I agree with Zero..

Limewire itself is a virus I tell you..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

It's all traceable... But torrenting is pretty "anonymous" at default comapred to limewire/frostwire. Gnutella is bad...

7. Default

Download bittorrent. And then download utorrent. And then download shit off of mininova.org

Even if you don't have your ports forwarded, as long as whatever you're trying to download has a decent amount of seeders, then they should go pretty fast.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Download bittorrent. And then download utorrent. And then download shit off of mininova.org

Even if you don't have your ports forwarded, as long as whatever you're trying to download has a decent amount of seeders, then they should go pretty fast.
    you could go to mininova.org or you can go to thepiratebay.org
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

9. Default

Don't listen to Sonic. PirateBay is horrid.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Don't listen to Sonic. PirateBay is horrid.
    Damn sell outs...