Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

1. Default Windows 7

Just installed it and now im re-installing Steam. Looks pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Just installed it and now im re-installing Steam. Looks pretty...
    I don't get it, what's so special about what windows you have? Just because it runs faster??
    http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab219/sillylilcutie/imgonnagetchasigcopy.jpg
    Every @-}---- Has Its Thorn

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ImGonnaGetCha View Post
    I don't get it, what's so special about what windows you have? Just because it runs faster??
    getcha if you knew anything you would get windows 7 its way better more compadible, faster, clear images etc. etc.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

4. Default

Actually it is slower (than xp) but mostly faster than vista. It is much faster at network file transfers as in 100% faster. It uses ram better than vista as well. Some old games still do not work even with the xp compatibility mode that note is NOT SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT GAMES. This is becuase the xp mode has no video driver support and was probably designed that way to fuck over anyone who was hoping their games would work. Also the xp mode is ONLY in the two highest versions (professional and ultimate). The interface apparently is much more responsive then xp. It uses a "better" (worse) menu bar system in comparison to xp however it could turn out better when I actually try it. Really the only reason to go from xp to this is the dx11 support without the bs of vista. Think of it as everything vista was supposed to be without the crap.

If you ignore the existence as you should this is the first new os to be released after xp. It supports dx 10 and 11 and offers a different user interface. It does all of this while reaming very stable using virtually equivalent resources. It does however break some old games and will break any program that requires hardware accelerated sound. It also offers some new network features that work only in win 7. Based of these new features an upgrade from xp should be worth the following:
    Premium: $50
    Professional: $85
    Ultimate: $100

If you pay more than the above prices then your getting ripped off becuase the benefits of the change relative to the cost is virtually the prices listed above.

5. Default

What puzzles me is that I paid for Windows Live Onecare and it's not compatible. Why would you have a Security software from the same company and make it not compatible.
    Bad move.

6. Default

Still think its pretty...LOL
    Attached Images

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    What puzzles me is that I paid for Windows Live Onecare and it's not compatible. Why would you have a Security software from the same company and make it not compatible.
    Bad move.
    Nevermind. LiveOne care has been discontinued as of yesterday by Microsoft to be replaced by Windows Security Essentials currently in beta testing.

Out of all the "upgrades" listed above...and glancing at that pretty screen....oh and realizing that Windows 7 is STILL a Microsoft product...

I almost just puked myself and gave my 24'' iMac a big hug.

9. Default

Love Freeness... No Emu crap either...

Last edited by Steamer; 10-22-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Steamer,

I have no idea what the point of your post was (hahaha, im sure there was one I just didn't and still don't understand) but your background is SICK.