Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: zmod keeps crashing, BADLY crashing

1. Default Vehiclez

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Poorly programed maps WILL cause lag. Especially any map that has vehicles. It is not even a matter of cpu usage as much as an issue of the limitations of the engine itself. Think of the server as a race track that lets cars go 200mph the problem is that the srcd can only go 150mph before it blows up. At the end of the day a problem in the programing of the game or the engine of a car can not be overcome by the quality of the road.
    This vehicle lag is a new issue, it is persistent and consistent, and I've never seen the vehicles lag in this manner (not that I've been around here for very long). I have experienced the lag you are talking about, but this is something different. I'm all for avoiding vehicle maps if nothing is to be or can be done, but this does not seem like a problem of limitations. I guess the thing is what if this is a precursor to more problems in the future? Maybe fully diagnosing this systematic problem would help prevent another?

2. Default

The vehicle maps ran fine on the previous server and even run fine on the odd occurrence on the current.

I also remember the ChC server had issues with bots creating lag.

3. Default

we were on spacestation escape flee v2 last night with 26 - 28 people and it was lagging a little but nowhere near as bad as it was when the server was nearly full so I think its just the amount of people on that effects it.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

4. Default

And it only starts lagging when the escape pod doors open, meaning the vehicle script has started counting down. This is typically also when the humans are piled together and firing their guns together which means lots of hit registrations being calculated.

So, scripting or memory, like Zero mentions.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    And it only starts lagging when the escape pod doors open, meaning the vehicle script has started counting down. This is typically also when the humans are piled together and firing their guns together which means lots of hit registrations being calculated.

So, scripting or memory, like Zero mentions.
    I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to, but play on a vehicle map and try to drive one of the vehicles. Maybe it was a temporary thing, but that's the only way I think I can show what I'm trying to say.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    I'm not sure how to say what I'm trying to, but play on a vehicle map and try to drive one of the vehicles. Maybe it was a temporary thing, but that's the only way I think I can show what I'm trying to say.
    Oh, I get what you're saying. I reported the issue a month ago here.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...4980#post34980

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    Oh, I get what you're saying. I reported the issue a month ago here.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...4980#post34980
    Like I said, haven't been around long lol. Sorry I've been so persistent but I guess this is an issue that comes and goes, making it seem new to me.