Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: zmod keeps crashing, BADLY crashing

1. Default zmod keeps crashing, BADLY crashing

I dont know whats going on but I think we've been getting attacked by someone the server keeps lagging out and crashing for about half an hour till it autorestarts.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

hmm...I was wondering why I have been being randomly kicked/freezing on the servers today. All day...every hour or so I am like "WTF?" so I switch to another one of the ibis servers and it happens there eventually too. Weird.

3. Default

It was happening to me the other day before I came to my grandparent's house as well..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

It looked like the crashes occurred when I went on the server to update the wcs mod so that was likely the cause. There are still known memory crashes that result from running es and sourcemod that can not be avoided becuase es has not been updated in so long.

5. Default ZM server issues

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    It looked like the crashes occurred when I went on the server to update the wcs mod so that was likely the cause. There are still known memory crashes that result from running es and sourcemod that can not be avoided becuase es has not been updated in so long.
    A problem still exists. Drivable vehicles are causing movement lag even though voices on mics are coming through perfectly clear. Any vehicle that you can manually drive has been causing major lag when used. I just had to move three ppl to spectate after repeated warnings just a minute ago to stop the lag. The same thing was going on yesterday with the zm server and I have no clue if it is related to the pub incident.

Yesterday I used ma_rcon quit to restart the server at least two times, but it didn't fix the problem... whatever that may be.

Sonic claims to know what the problem is and should be posting a comment about it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    A problem still exists. Drivable vehicles are causing movement lag even though voices on mics are coming through perfectly clear. Any vehicle that you can manually drive has been causing major lag when used. I just had to move three ppl to spectate after repeated warnings just a minute ago to stop the lag. The same thing was going on yesterday with the zm server and I have no clue if it is related to the pub incident.

Yesterday I used ma_rcon quit to restart the server at least two times, but it didn't fix the problem... whatever that may be.

Sonic claims to know what the problem is and should be posting a comment about it.
    im not sure but i think someone is DoSing the server not from today but from early this mourning around 12 PCT
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

7. Default

It's not acting like a DOS attack. If it were, we'd be seeing the problem occurring at regular intervals throughout the day. Instead, it seems to happen randomly or when particular things happen on maps (vehicles).

So, I'm fairly certain it's something revolving around scripting like Zero mentions.

8. Default

We'll just have to avoid escape maps I guess.. *coughyaycough*

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

Poorly programed maps WILL cause lag. Especially any map that has vehicles. It is not even a matter of cpu usage as much as an issue of the limitations of the engine itself. Think of the server as a race track that lets cars go 200mph the problem is that the srcd can only go 150mph before it blows up. At the end of the day a problem in the programing of the game or the engine of a car can not be overcome by the quality of the road.

10. Default

personally I think what needs to be done is that the tick be reduced to 55 and the capacity to 36 with a hidden 37th spot for anyone who buys a reserved slot or admin

along with a system that kicks spectators for regs who want to come on and play and with a quick working votemute.

one other thing Diabeetus said that the bots that make the server look populated have a ping of 200 each, maybe there part of the lag problem
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.