Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Rules

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Horrible View Post
    Skywalking in dust2 for example, near A you can see through the walls when others can't see you.
    I don't think that skywalking should be allowed because you could easily kill people by watching them down through the wall.

Sorry if you don't understand me. I haven't slept in a few days. I'll try and get a screenshot if I see someone up there again.

<3
    it's never been an issue. and it has always been allowed. these rules have been approved by the 3 main WCS admins. there not here for debate, there here 2 explain the rules. if you are having issue with someone whose going into 1 of these forbidden spots, let an admin know.
    Last edited by maynard; 12-01-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    it's never been an issue. and it has always been allowed. these rules have been approved by the 3 main WCS admins. there not here for debate, there here 2 explain the rules. if you are having issue with someone whose going into 1 of these forbidden spots, let an admin know.

Well I would also want clarification on that, does the "not be able to see them but they can see you rule" apply in dust 2 when they head way off the normal map? (also meaning you can't shoot them)

I ask because its been happening more often now in dust 2 where people go out of sight and only pop out into possible sight / shooting range to pick off someone they spot using the see through walls.

It was my understand that you always had to have a possibility of being seen from the ground when skywalking.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Layven View Post
    Well I would also want clarification on that, does the "not be able to see them but they can see you rule" apply in dust 2 when they head way off the normal map? (also meaning you can't shoot them)

I ask because its been happening more often now in dust 2 where people go out of sight and only pop out into possible sight / shooting range to pick off someone they spot using the see through walls.

It was my understand that you always had to be at least somewhat visible to the people on the ground.
    it basically means you can't shoot through walls, or be under the map. you can't be in any spot that does not allow the person your shooting at, 2 not turn around and shoot back at you. you must be in plain open view when shooting at someone

"3. Sky walking is permitted provided you’re in a spot that the opposing team can shoot back at. Going under the map, or to any place that allows you to see the enemy, but grants them 0 vision of you is not permitted."

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

9. Respect classes that are 1 per team, do not double stack these classes.

What sort of punishment should we have for something like, vagabond comes to mind there's probly 6 or so people that log out as this class on a regular basis i've been on before and there was 3 vagabonds on a team i have requested them to change race but to no avail. just thinking there should be some form of punishment. personally i believe the first person on the class in the team should be able to play it. whether they join the server first or join the team first on a new map

Example
    warn
    warn
    slay multiple parties that dont follow
    kick
    ban (30 min-1 hour)?

5. Default

Number 9 needs to be specific as to what classes can only be issued to one per team. More like a restriction. Although I'm not sure if the mod it self deters from teams having more than one class on the same team. Example such as the awp restriction in the pub.

Until then, these are rough draft rules. I personally wouldn't ban or kick someone because they don't want to change their class. I'd simply move them to spec or change their team to balance the race out.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tj26 View Post
    9. Respect classes that are 1 per team, do not double stack these classes.

What sort of punishment should we have for something like, vagabond comes to mind there's probly 6 or so people that log out as this class on a regular basis i've been on before and there was 3 vagabonds on a team i have requested them to change race but to no avail. just thinking there should be some form of punishment. personally i believe the first person on the class in the team should be able to play it. whether they join the server first or join the team first on a new map

Example
    warn
    warn
    slay multiple parties that dont follow
    kick
    ban (30 min-1 hour)?
    Maybe the cooling system should be fixed so races like the vagabond require more skill to use effectively.

The fact that races like spiderman and vagabond have no cooldown whatsoever creates an overpowered race. Same with a number of other races on that server.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Maybe the cooling system should be fixed so races like the vagabond require more skill to use effectively.

The fact that races like spiderman and vagabond have no cooldown whatsoever creates an overpowered race. Same with a number of other races on that server.
    I personally think vega should be a bit higher lvl 2 use. but it's not really a big deal, all you need is an athena and every invis or fast moving class is fucked.
    Last edited by maynard; 12-28-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

I'd like to ask why Santa isn't allowed to nade spam the objective. Are we also not allowed to spray bullets on the objective? Wards, poison smoke, fire all make sense since they stay without the player needing to be near or even alive, but santa nades are just nades.

Second, can we please get some mention of glitching flying into ground walking, via ladders and magician's ultimate, ect?

9. Default

well, magician's ult is't a big deal. and why can'd santa nade obj?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

The main thing is consistency. If we aren't going to allow races to get out of flying via one method, why allow them via another? That, and a bird can be a bitch to hit in the first place, why give it good aim as well? Of course, the ward rules aren't consistent(why only some houses are non-wardable and others not, eg: italy, estate), but still.

Now, athena's ultimate gets you out of flight as well, but that is not via your doing (and a flying crow goes SPLAT, without items).