Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Rules

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    The main thing is consistency. If we aren't going to allow races to get out of flying via one method, why allow them via another? That, and a bird can be a bitch to hit in the first place, why give it good aim as well?

Now, athena's ultimate gets you out of flight as well, but that is not via your doing (and a flying crow goes SPLAT, without items).
    crows are fine because of a singlke nad'll kill them. besides, if the crow "lands" it is counted as standing and gets good accuracy. that is just called strategy.

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - Uprising
    via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Landing and staying landed isn't as easy as you make it sound. And landing on the fly when you are chasing someone down, harder still. And a single nade kills them, if it hits them, and they haven't bought a periphat, and...

3. Default

so it makes things difficult. that's the point. if you're so worried about crows, take raiden or orc.

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - MK Ultra
    via FoxyTunes
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

No, I'm worried about rule consistency. Don't tell me that I can't have my Santa better then tell me I can have my crow better.

That, and I'm concerned about glitch (see: combinations of abilities working differently than expected) being allowed.

5. Default

explain more pls?

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 2: Cross-Pollination
    via FoxyTunes

6. Default

Explain which? Santa is not allowed to be "flying" after hitting a ladder, so say the admins. Adlibbing what was said, the main point of being flying is that you don't have accuracy of walking.

The glitch part is, the ult is supposed to make you invisible for a few seconds, not make you suddenly not a crow. The other fact is that you have to actively do this, it's not something that accidentally happens (see: hell huntering into a wall).

An aside thing, who's supposed to switch for multiple of a race? I know TJ's stance on it, but is there a concensus?
    Last edited by Blackmage; 02-06-2010 at 04:54 PM.

7. Default

blackmage

the crow im not sure what we can do about i actually find it easier to hit them when they're on the ground just my opinion

santa and dragonfly have the ability to glitch their fly which i personally do not allow not sure what other admins do but it is a glitch and glitches are not allowed

8. Default

the fuck are you talking about "not make you suddenly not a crow?"

9. Default

Not easy to maneuver in tight spaces, poor aiming, ect.

TJ: simplest solution is to the same thing that is done with other actively breaking the rules situations. What do you do when people skywalk into one-way-vision areas? Normal users can't do anything against this, warding sites, over-stacking races, ect, so what to do is up to the admins. I'm just wondering on why some flying going ground is allowed, and others not. Double standards annoy me.

And the main thing is, I'm not talking about how hard/easy it is to hit them, how easy/hard it is to move ect, I'm speaking of actively glitching. Same as glitching the ladders, it's just this is another way to do it.

Hmm, another rule question, for races that drop weapons for a bit(strider, vagabond), picking up a weapon while in that state, what's the procedure.

10. Default

well main thing on the flying classes is that it makes them super fast as in faster than die xonvert..... i can see your point tho as far as enforcing ill wait to see what other admins say its just 1 more thing to enforce which is hard enough already because people think they are above the rules......

and no they should not be able to hold a weapon when they are using their ultimate because it is a glitch