Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS Rules

1. Default

no, they should't be abe to hold weapons, but in vagabond's case, not much you can do. sometimes the effects get flipped and you end up frozen, invisible, and armed. other times i've seen mobile, visible, and knife-only

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - Uprising
    via FoxyTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Had three or four CT's today skywalking in dust2, getting to me before I could get out of spawn and shooting my ass. Doesn't make for very fun play.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Had three or four CT's today skywalking in dust2, getting to me before I could get out of spawn and shooting my ass. Doesn't make for very fun play.
    the only way classes like vegas can get on the sky is if they teleport through 1 specific spot, and it's in that double door area right next 2 the T spawn. there's no way you were getting picked off by vegas before you could leave your spawn, it takes them about 6 seconds 2 get 2 the spot, and get above it. and hell hunter can teleport by flash, but it's not a very fast process, and they only have dualies.

also there's that spot directly next to T spawn that has a roof over it, it's like what 1.5 second run to get 2 it.

I understand skywalkers can be frustrating at times.... but doesn't mean it should be removed. also, they have 2 be in a position where you can return fire, so really if you know there coming then just get ready for them and shoot back. or play an athena and freeze them.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

I'm new to WCS, so I'm not in a position to say what shouldn't be or should be, just observing.

I was getting shottied at the jump down from T spawn to B. That is quite frustrating, when with a combination of other skywalkers we were getting picked off quite quickly.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    I'm new to WCS, so I'm not in a position to say what shouldn't be or should be, just observing.

I was getting shottied at the jump down from T spawn to B. That is quite frustrating, when with a combination of other skywalkers we were getting picked off quite quickly.
    I don't blame ya, id be frustrated as well. but frustration is a huge part of WCS. you're always clashing with other peoples races and what not. just gotta find all the tricks for getting around them. keep playing you'll figure it out.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Are we going to get these updated any time soon? It's hard enough to get people to follow any rules when Admins don't follow the same ones, and people give you hearsay of what the admins have said.

7. Default

why do we need an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Are we going to get these updated any time soon? It's hard enough to get people to follow any rules when Admins don't follow the same ones, and people give you hearsay of what the admins have said.
    the only admins ive seen not follow the WCS rules are ones that don't generally play on WCS, or are new. regardless of this saying rough draft or not, these are the rules that have been in play since the servers start (6 months now), even when we didn't have them written down, the admins were enforcing them.

these are the server rules. the only thing new 2 it is like the santa rule with no nade spamming objectives or enemy spawn for first 20 seconds due 2 some smaller maps like crackhouse if zero wants 2 change anything he has the right. but regardless of the fact of him never making this thread himself these are and always have been the rules.

mage you been playing since the beginning as well basically, you know damn well these are the rules we go by, if some new admin trys 2 claim diff or enforce diff then let me know. cause when people do that shit all it does is cause mass confusion and a shit-load of arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    why do we need an update?
    I believe he means in the sense when will zero either say he deems it official or remake the post himself.
    Last edited by maynard; 02-21-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Four things, first, yes, I'd like it to be official, but that's the least of my worries, as I assume that's coming with the rest of the updates

Second, for actual updates, fly glitching, if it is such, and it corollaries. Adding Vagabond with Jack for no weapon spawning. Also, might want to update wards to let certain people know they go vertical as well as horizontal. And what a spawn is. Plus any exceptions and additions for ward rules. Assault warding the T's spawn happens almost every round there is a CT shadow hunter, plus mention the house in italy, estate and any other maps one way or another so people stop assuming you can or can't ward them.

Third, bringing this to admin's attention, so they will enforce it, not just "don't ward bombs". *cough* racial limits *cough* (I've heard an admin say he doesn't care about the limits at all)

And lastly, what the player should do in certain situations, such as who gets the vags, what's the stance on first round and team switch in particular. If you should kill yourself if you CAN'T do the objective but the objective is viable (stuck in roof or such).

On another topic, what's the stance on killing yourself to deny people xp (not letting bomb blow up, rescue hostages or just avoiding a player kill)? Just dickish or is there some etiqute or ruling on it?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Four things, first, yes, I'd like it to be official, but that's the least of my worries, as I assume that's coming with the rest of the updates

Second, for actual updates, fly glitching, if it is such, and it corollaries. Adding Vagabond with Jack for no weapon spawning. Also, might want to update wards to let certain people know they go vertical as well as horizontal. And what a spawn is. Plus any exceptions and additions for ward rules. Assault warding the T's spawn happens almost every round there is a CT shadow hunter, plus mention the house in italy, estate and any other maps one way or another so people stop assuming you can or can't ward them.

Third, bringing this to admin's attention, so they will enforce it, not just "don't ward bombs". *cough* racial limits *cough* (I've heard an admin say he doesn't care about the limits at all)

And lastly, what the player should do in certain situations, such as who gets the vags, what's the stance on first round and team switch in particular. If you should kill yourself if you CAN'T do the objective but the objective is viable (stuck in roof or such).

On another topic, what's the stance on killing yourself to deny people xp (not letting bomb blow up, rescue hostages or just avoiding a player kill)? Just dickish or is there some etiqute or ruling on it?
    the ward rules are incredibly simple, yet there will ALWAYS be people who constantly break them. and they will forever be punished for it. WCS will always have some confusion behind it for what it is. if we could implement a way that when you join it offered you the link 2 the rules or something that would be amazing.

as for the jack and vega weapon spawning for there team, the last week and a half a side I play plenty and there not regular issues. as for the glitching and other little things yeah, I know.. it sucks. but soon the updates will be done and things will be good again.

as for the vegas being 1 per team with ETB it will always be an issue. zero needs 2 find some way around this.

if your stuck and can't do anything and are the last person 2 do the objective, then you should type kill in console and kill yourself. CS is team based. if you can't complete the objective cause your stuck then off yourself, don't make every 1 wait for you cause you don't want 1 more death on your record.

as for your bit about avoiding kills and killing yourself 2 deny ppl xp and all that I'm not really sure what you're getting at. it's simple. play the game, kill the enemy, and follow the WCS rules which say "do the objective". it's really quite simple. if you want 2 kill yourself then go for it... just not sure why a person would be playing if they wanted 2 do that constantly.

Maynard - The WCS Guy