View Poll Results: i2o4's a whore, but is he a cheater?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't leave us!

4 57.14%
  • VAC ban = IBIS ban

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been VAC banned

1. Default I've been VAC banned

I tried to join the WCS server today and found out I had been retroactively VAC banned sometime in the past week. The only possible infraction I can think of is that I have a bhop script which I used regularly on SG bhop (xx.xx.26.106:27015), a server where scripting is allowed and even recommended by admins. The script is an auto-jump script--you hold space bar, and it makes you jump whenever you touch the ground. Some of the best bhoppers there opt to script rather than scroll becuase it provides a much more consistent jump than humanly possible, and most players who have completed bhop maps will testify that there's far more to bhopping than getting the jump timing down--getting going is fairly simple; the harder part is learning to control momentum. I readily admitted to scripting in the bhop server to many of you who joined me there.

The thing that really bothers me is that I never intentionally scripted on servers that didn't allow it, including IBIS. And for what it's worth, I can honestly state with a clear conscience that I didn't use any other cheats either, including aimbots, triggerbots, wallhacks, or illegal skins. The reward was simply not worth the risk to me, and I have a strong sense of guilt whenever I do something wrong. If I tell a lie, I might feel bad about it for days until I set things right. A month or two ago, I joined an SG deathrun server (xx.xxx.121.71:27015) and played with the script. It was my first time there, and an admin asked me if I was scripting. I got scared, instinctively denied it, and turned off the script. He warned me that scripts were not allowed, and I left the server shortly thereafter. Feeling bad about it the next day, I added the admin to my friends list, admitted to having lied and scripted, and apologized. I explained that SG bhop allowed scripts and I had assumed SG deathrun did as well, at which point he told me that SG didn't have a bhop server. It turned out that the two servers were run by two different groups with the same initials. He simply warned me not to do it again, and I thought that was that. I believe that was the only time I scripted on a server where it was not allowed. I may try appealing to Steam, but AFAIK, VAC bans are essentially irrevocable. They won't even tell me why I was banned, which I think is an absurd business practice. What other company claims the right to sell you a product and take it back without giving a reason or refund?

TLDR: Anyway, to sum things up, after 8 years of good standing and 1752 hours of clean playing on IBIS WCS, my account has been retroactively VAC banned, most likely for bhop scripting on a different server where I had presumed it was allowed. I did not script in IBIS and never used any other cheats or hacks in any server. I am coming clean not because I seek vindication, but rather because I don't want to hide anything from you guys. Some may use this unfortunate circumstance to validate suspicions that I was just another hacker all along, but I hope that those of you who know better than to make such presumptions will believe my word and not think any less of my character. I hadn't planned on playing CSS in the upcoming months anyway, since I recently moved back to Gangnam, Korea and will be getting married next month in Beijing, but I am now considering purchasing another account to play on sporadically in the months ahead--if and only if the IBIS community is willing to overlook this infraction on my record and welcome me back. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.

2. Default

If you weren't banned on ibis you are not banned from ibis. That's how I know it at least.

3. Default

Your tl;dr is just as long... lulz, anyway could it be because you suddenly changed location ( you know to the other side of earth)?? Not sure if VAC works like that but I vote for you to stay

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    If you weren't banned on ibis you are not banned from ibis. That's how I know it at least.
    well, true, but if he was vac banned on css then he can't join any vac-protected server. that includes ibis.

if you get a new acct i2o4, this will be considered and will actually save us some headaches. we don't ban simply for vac bans on record or for new accounts for reasons like this...but god knows cyber would smell your new account before you're even on the server and would scream SEE SEE I TOLD YOU SO I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO and then i'd have to watch 50 demos where you trace so and so for a quarter of a second. you're still welcome here, granted you find a way back. you dirty, dirty fucking hacker.

just don't reinstall those scripts. i see you're on that bhop server right now, leave that acct for the bhopping and use any new one for clean shit.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

5. Default

hmm... interesting....

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapedollar$ View Post
    hmm... interesting....
    shh......hear that? that's the sound rape makes when he's about to ban someone...

Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

tl;dr - Your account got VAC banned, you made this post to tell us all about it, the reasons behind it, how valiant you are, etc. and you want us to accept that you aren't a cheater despite the fact that the system least likely to be fallible says you are.

I should note, WCS matters not to me, so I don't have a dog in this fight at all. Whether you continue to play WCS here is completely irrelevant to me. I will say though you pegged it precisely right. Most are just going to assume you finally got caught and move on. I'll say this - I've never watched you play but I've heard claims that you hack and I've never heard of a false positive VAC ban. I don't believe VAC institutes bans for bhop scripting either as I think that's a server rule and not a universal rule, but I could be wrong on that.

Fortunately for you, you know the truth of the matter, so convincing us of it does what for you exactly? Allows you to play here and maintain your identity? You easily could have just opened a new account and gotten to it and honestly man, the guilty are usually the loudest on the Internet (Mut).

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwtemp View Post
    tl;dr - Your account got VAC banned, you made this post to tell us all about it, the reasons behind it, how valiant you are, etc. and you want us to accept that you aren't a cheater despite the fact that the system least likely to be fallible says you are.

I should note, WCS matters not to me, so I don't have a dog in this fight at all. Whether you continue to play WCS here is completely irrelevant to me. I will say though you pegged it precisely right. Most are just going to assume you finally got caught and move on. I'll say this - I've never watched you play but I've heard claims that you hack and I've never heard of a false positive VAC ban. I don't believe VAC institutes bans for bhop scripting either as I think that's a server rule and not a universal rule, but I could be wrong on that.

Fortunately for you, you know the truth of the matter, so convincing us of it does what for you exactly? Allows you to play here and maintain your identity? You easily could have just opened a new account and gotten to it and honestly man, the guilty are usually the loudest on the Internet (Mut).
    he's not saying it was a false ban, and vac does ban for bhop scripts. from what i can tell it's based off player reports and evidence, much like our system. because of that if we have no evidence of hacking here (we don't, otherwise he'd be banned already), he's free to get a new account and keep playing.

posting this if nothing else answers the question "hey i2o4 why'd you get a new account OH LOOK YOU GOT VAC BANNED WHY WAS THAT?!!"

plus it's logical, given his interest in setting up an offline bhop server posted elsewhere recently.

another thing it does is let us know to keep our eyes out for him scripting in the future.

Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

I know you guys think you are some real bloodhounds when it comes to 'sniffing out' duplicate accounts, but seriously, he could have made a new account and kept playing here. There are people doing it as we speak (not suspected, I know for a 100% fact).

I can't imagine Valve bans on someone saying THAT GUY WAS BHOP SCRIPTING without investigating/evidence/patterns/etc. Also, if VAC bans for bhop scripting, how on Earth is it allowed on ANY server? I do believe Valve takes VAC bans pretty seriously and doesn't just hand them out willy nilly.

Everything I'm coming up with on the Steam forums indicates VAC bans aren't instituted for bhop scripts, only executables or changed/altered game code. This seems like an attempt to get out ahead of getting caught to me. But again - I couldn't care any less about the outcome. I just find it entertaining as I know this has been an ongoing discussion among several.

Edit: Changed 'VAC bans on someone' to 'Valve bans on someone' above.
    Last edited by jwtemp; 09-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.

10. Default

JW: There are bhop injections which will get a VAC ban.