Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: **Bots on the Pub Server**

Default **Bots on the Pub Server**

SUP BITCHES?!

In another thread regarding the Pub server, Sin had a good idea regarding the bots that are always in there.

Instead of the Bots just sitting in spectate and being booted once people start coming in, why not make them active and on the most difficult setting possible until people start coming in?

This would at LEAST keep people entertained until the server started filling up. A lot of people go in there thinking there is 13 other people to play with...see that they are all sitting in spectate doing nothing, and then leave soon after.

If the bots were active the few people in there at the time would at least be entertained for a while until more ACTUAL players started filling in, gradually kicking all the bots out.

What do you all think? Zero?

2. Default

I think this Sin guy has a good point.

Also, while the bots are in the server, stats should not be recorded.

Just my 13 cents.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

3. Default

I'm pretty sure I suggested this awhile back to Zero or Jigsaw.. Something along the lines of "The old GG server I used to play in always had 5 bots playing, that would leave as players joined."

But I rather only have 2 players to start with.. So one bot, and a human, vs two bots maybe.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    I'm pretty sure I suggested this awhile back to Zero or Jigsaw.. Something along the lines of "The old GG server I used to play in always had 5 bots playing, that would leave as players joined."

But I rather only have 2 players to start with.. So one bot, and a human, vs two bots maybe.
    Or we could have only bots play, and the human players had to sit in spectate. A big middle finger to the man! Let the computer have some fun for once.

5. Default

wow. i actually like the "let the bots play" idea. make a bunch of them, give them different stats (small changes to their values) then watch as they play it out online. Every week remove the three or so in last place and keep going until you have a champion. Of course, the only risk there is that they'll develope a ghost and become aware of what's hapening. Then they free their minds, start bending reality and suddenly appear out of a phone reciever to wreak revenge upon those that made them fight to the death for entertainment.

hmmm...i like it

I might pitch that to hollywood. SOMEONE'll pick it up

6. Default

I never understood why they weren't part of the game.

ZM makes sense, but not pub.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I never understood why they weren't part of the game.

ZM makes sense, but not pub.
    Who cares about ZM? (rhetorical question, for the idiots out there)

It would make sense in the PUB.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    wow. i actually like the "let the bots play" idea. make a bunch of them, give them different stats (small changes to their values) then watch as they play it out online. Every week remove the three or so in last place and keep going until you have a champion. Of course, the only risk there is that they'll develope a ghost and become aware of what's hapening. Then they free their minds, start bending reality and suddenly appear out of a phone reciever to wreak revenge upon those that made them fight to the death for entertainment.

hmmm...i like it

you....scare me.

9. Default

I like this Idea =D Other servers i have been in have the bots actually playing so why not have them here 2? [=

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post

hmmm...i like it

As much as I love my title "The Observer" in Oblivion, watching instead of playing would get a bit old. If you wanted to watch bots fight just host your own server.

But no, they wouldn't develope self consciousness I don't think.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.