Thread: Natural Selection

1. Default Natural Selection

Anyone else played it? I haven't played in a couple years. I remember when I launched the summer before STEAM went gold and 1.6 came out. Such an awesome game. Very, very competitive. For those that have played Savage or Savage 2, the gameplay is very similar.

It's obviously a First-person shooter, since it's a Half-Life Mod, but it is also an RTS game. One person on either team (Marines vs. Aliens) takes the role of the "Commander", who uses the resources acquired by the other players (from capturing points or killing enemies) to expand their respective base with new respawn points, defensive turrets, different buildings for stronger units, etc...

The original NS is old, the graphics are dated, but the gameplay is still top quality. It has a very small but strong following still, though.

That being said, I'm super excited about the sequel. See below.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

The Giant Mammoth alien, is one of the strongest units from the original game, which from what I recall, there could only be one of them at any given time...

I need to change my underwear now.

EDIT: Yes, the aliens are very similar to the Zerg in Starcraft. Making it even more sexi.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

2. Default

I played the original 5-6 years ago. Good times.

NS2 looks promising!

3. Default

never tried the original, but I'm stolked 2 play this when it comes out.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

There can be 15 at a time as that is the max number of players per team. It is just that it cost 75res each. Look at my steam profile under gameplay stats, you see where it says half life: yea that is NS. http://steamcommunity.com/id/IBIS/

As should be apparent from that information logically we will be hosting servers for that game even in pre release. I ordered the special edition the day it went on presale.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    There can be 15 at a time as that is the max number of players per team. It is just that it cost 75res each. Look at my steam profile under gameplay stats, you see where it says half life: yea that is NS. http://steamcommunity.com/id/IBIS/

As should be apparent from that information logically we will be hosting servers for that game even in pre release. I ordered the special edition the day it went on presale.
    You already ordered it?!?!

I'm gonna wait until it's at least in open beta before pre-ordering it. They're so far off still...

And what community do you play with, Zero? I used to play with EvolveNS a lot.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

6. Default

I play on G4B2S and on BAD. I play bad only for co and g4b2s for classic. Jigsaw actually coded some of the mods for G4B2S a few years ago. I usually play aliens btw. I actually even ordered consolation on the 31th. Logically they need money to help produce the new version. The more and faster they get the money the sooner the game can come out and the better they can make it. NS is already such a great game I am happy to help support the development of a promising squeal.

7. Default

Im a beast at marine trainers.
    -MBP