Anyone else played it? I haven't played in a couple years. I remember when I launched the summer before STEAM went gold and 1.6 came out. Such an awesome game. Very, very competitive. For those that have played Savage or Savage 2, the gameplay is very similar.

It's obviously a First-person shooter, since it's a Half-Life Mod, but it is also an RTS game. One person on either team (Marines vs. Aliens) takes the role of the "Commander", who uses the resources acquired by the other players (from capturing points or killing enemies) to expand their respective base with new respawn points, defensive turrets, different buildings for stronger units, etc...

The original NS is old, the graphics are dated, but the gameplay is still top quality. It has a very small but strong following still, though.

That being said, I'm super excited about the sequel. See below.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

The Giant Mammoth alien, is one of the strongest units from the original game, which from what I recall, there could only be one of them at any given time...

I need to change my underwear now.

EDIT: Yes, the aliens are very similar to the Zerg in Starcraft. Making it even more sexi.