Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An Understanding about Ibis ZM

1. Wink An Understanding about Ibis ZM

Was playing Jurassic Park map just now, got to the part where you can close/open the electrified gate to let humans in and out, was banned when I went to open a gate to let more players in to keep them from being zombified, which would give humans more of a chance to survive. All I hear is "who opened the gate?" and then 4 seconds later, KICK + BAN. Doesn't this seem very abusive of power?

The admin that performed the KICK + BAN was Pink Fuzzball of Doom. Proof from after I got back into the server:

*DEAD* NessLookAlike : Who was the admin that banned me?
    *DEAD* NessLookAlike : Who is the admin here?
    (ADMIN) Pink Fuzzball of Doom <ibis.a>: Im
    [SM Parachute] Welcome! This server is running SM Parachute.
    [SM Parachute] Free parachute for everyone is enabled!
    *DEAD* NessLookAlike : k

I'm just asking for abuse like this to happen less frequently in ZM, or in the least, when I eventually have to purchase admin because I'm sick of this and am willing to pay to prevent further abuse, that I be allowed to pull the same thing on other players. It's only fair, right?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NLA View Post
    Was playing Jurassic Park map just now, got to the part where you can close/open the electrified gate to let humans in and out, was banned when I went to open a gate to let more players in to keep them from being zombified, which would give humans more of a chance to survive. All I hear is "who opened the gate?" and then 4 seconds later, KICK + BAN. Doesn't this seem very abusive of power?

The admin that performed the KICK + BAN was Pink Fuzzball of Doom. Proof from after I got back into the server:

I'm just asking for abuse like this to happen less frequently in ZM, or in the least, when I eventually have to purchase admin because I'm sick of this and am willing to pay to prevent further abuse, that I be allowed to pull the same thing on other players. It's only fair, right?
    This would only be a serious problem if zombies got under and tagged the humans, if you opened it to let some humans in, and no zombies got in, then this ban was not legit.

3. Default

Pink, what's going on? You used to not be so harsh with your admin? You've changed, and I don't like where this is going...

NLA, I remember you as you started an admin abuse thread (one of many) against Chelsea/Autumn. Lol, you seem to be a prime targeted for abuse

4. Default

its the same sort of thing with letting humans into your cade after the zombie has spawned.

you cant do it because its way to easy for them to get zombiefied when you open the cade for them, and if they break it trying to get in thats even more of a pain in the ass.

thats why when the cades shut unless the owner lets you in you go somewhere else and if you break in its a ban.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    its the same sort of thing with letting humans into your cade after the zombie has spawned.

you cant do it because its way to easy for them to get zombiefied when you open the cade for them, and if they break it trying to get in thats even more of a pain in the ass.

thats why when the cades shut unless the owner lets you in you go somewhere else and if you break in its a ban.
    Wrong Sherlock. Opening a gate is not the same as letting in humans into a caded area. You're saying, the first person that crosses the gate can close it and leave everyone for dead. It's a fucking ESCAPE map.

Use your head, please.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    Wrong Sherlock. Opening a gate is not the same as letting in humans into a caded area. You're saying, the first person that crosses the gate can close it and leave everyone for dead. It's a fucking ESCAPE map.

Use your head, please.
    +1 totally agree.

7. Default

I am impllying that everyone that could get in BEFORE the zombies have arived is already within the safe area on the other side of the fence.

you do NOT open it for 4 humans being chased by zombies just because they might make it before the zombies catch up to them because most of the time it will backfire and get the rest of the team tagged.

the same way you do not open a cade for the 2 or 3 unlucky people wandering around looking for a cading spot after the zombie has spawned and tagged a few people
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

Pink should have kicked you first if you had done something wrong but you did nothing wrong. I think pink should let me ban her for how long she banned you at a random time when she is playing....
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

9. Default

Just/Wondering How long was the ban anyways?

10. Default

I would have done the same thing if you lifted that gate and a zombie came in, the only difference is PINK probably only banned you for an hour at most.

oh and a side note, just cause your an admin doesn't mean you can't be punished. the $11 buck you pay will not make you untouchable, keep that in mind if you are willing to pay for admin.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-