Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Don't make me hurt you.
    Did you ever play Morrowind? Way better writing and challenging.

Oblivion got really boring the moment I realized I could just run through most of the portal realms without killing anything. In fact, my second play-thru took only a FIFTH as long because of that fact alone.

I'm considering buying Borderlands next to see the play style.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post

Oh, and it really pisses me off that you can't put runes in any bows. I think archery is nerfed because of that.

Archery is in no way nerfed at all.... its the most powerful thing in the damn game..... I had leliana or w/e her name is with 40 dexterity, use arrow of slaying and it did 460 damage.... by the way that can one shot anything not elite boss level (on normal).

I agree the arch demon should be a little harder... at least be harder to kill than that high dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred ashes that you can avoid...

On normal though everything is pretty much easy especially if you have 2 attack mages in the party (don't count Wynn as attack since shes a healer)

Thanks too cone of cold which is IMO the most usefull spell in the game followed by that entropy spell that puts all your enemies to sleep, then you can use Horror for 150+ damage, followed by that spell that makes all your enemies turn crazy and either stuns them or makes them attack eachother.

Without that mage crowd controll element idk fighting the arch demon on hard with no mage is damn near impossible.

3. Default

You guys are horrible at video games if you couldn't beat BioShock. I beat it in 2 days. I for one will be waiting for BioShock 2 because the entire story line was fucked up, and twisted. Not to mention much of the atmosphere reminded me of LFD mixed with resident evil.

As for glitches... LOL. This is why you buy these games on console.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wickedtribe View Post
    Archery is in no way nerfed at all.... its the most powerful thing in the damn game..... I had leliana or w/e her name is with 40 dexterity, use arrow of slaying and it did 460 damage.... by the way that can one shot anything not elite boss level (on normal).
    That's nothing special. Warriors have similar activated powers to throw stamina into damage. Still no reason to not allow runes in bows, if only the defensive stuff like spell or physical resistance. I gave Oghden tons of Strength and Willpower to make his final blow or whatever skill do 400+ damage. But it rarely hit.

I agree the arch demon should be a little harder... at least be harder to kill than that high dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred ashes that you can avoid...
    None of the dragons were that hard. High Dragon, Flemeth, or archdemon. I had more problems with the Drakes than the big mommas.

Thanks too cone of cold which is IMO the most usefull spell in the game followed by that entropy spell that puts all your enemies to sleep, then you can use Horror for 150+ damage, followed by that spell that makes all your enemies turn crazy and either stuns them or makes them attack eachother.
    I liked that about Morrigan too, until I died in big group battles because she froze half of the team. You can't stop her from accidentally hitting friendlies with the cold cone. Thank god Sleep and Dreams only affects enemies.

Without that mage crowd controll element idk fighting the arch demon on hard with no mage is damn near impossible.
    With my arcane warrior, I pretty much solo'd the archdemon. The rest of the team were covering me and I was beating on it with spellweaver while drinking health potions when necessary. My first attempt used range attacks like bow and magic, but the arcane warrior route took way less time. With Spellweaver, I had the equivalent of 53 strength.

Wow Mallisin, you are disgusting human being and I wish nothing but all the bad things in the world to happen to you and only you.

Oblivion and Bioshock are awesome. You are a stupid stupid person.

6. Default

What difficulty are you playing this at on, as a warrior im doing it on hard right now and im getting through fairly difficultly, At start (I did the circle tower first) it was easy because I have my warrior as a templar (going for a champion/templar build) templar have the best offensive attack IMO for a shield bearer, and really right now my guy is a casters worst nightmare.... Juggernaut plate full set combined with the templar training. (Juggernaut plate has about 25% to all spell class resistences on the full set combined with the helmet have 10% mental resistance)

7. Default

Bioshock was alright, Bioshock 2 is going to disappoint though I believe..

Finally got around to playing Dragon Age, and it was pretty good. Only spent about 3 hours on it, due to people asking me to play L4D2. (Which might I add, they have once again succeeded in putting EVERYTHING except maps and a few useless items into the demo..)

Anyhow, in DAO the gameplay is way better than KotOR, and the story is better than Oblivion's.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post
    Wow Mallisin, you are disgusting human being and I wish nothing but all the bad things in the world to happen to you and only you.

Oblivion and Bioshock are awesome. You are a stupid stupid person.
    I won't disagree with the first paragraph, but I take special exception to the second!

I enjoyed Oblivion but Bioshock was shit. I think both were over-hyped. There were games that were tons better that never got much publicity, such as the Longest Journey series for one.

@wickedtribe: My second play-through was on Nightmare, first was normal just to get a feel for the spells and combat. After awhile on Nightmare, Wynne started to get worthless because the heal spells took too long to go off. In fact, I couldn't get through the Cult ruins with her which is where I started going with more crowd control. If you get Morrigan the Neutralization glyph, and the three other party members are in a tight group beating on baddies, you can whip out a big group quickly. If a mage starts targeting one of your fighters, cast the glyph over as many of them as possible and they're okay for awhile. I also made sure they all had decent bows for dealing with the ranged enemies after the scrappers were dead. Everyone stayed in the glyph and focused fire on one enemy at a time.

This was the only way I could get past the one alter room with the mage, drakes and reavers. The Urn was the last thing I did that play-thru, so most of my party were level 17-18+.

9. Default

I generally use traps etc... I didn't make a single potion for a long time untill i noticed i had 154 elfroots... had plenty of poultices after that.

Anyway taking out any of the three dragons was a bitch for me because of two reasons. First play through I was rogue Duelist/assasin (IMO the best 2 specs for rogue) and my group makeup was the same throughout the game once i got the characters: Wynn (healer) Morrigan (crowd controll spec) and allistair (tank spec with all tank gear and only constitution with minor strength)

Now the reason why these two things were problematic was... as the rogue I would have to get up close near the rear of opponents to do major damage... well dragons don't like that and they give you a good ol' fashion kick in the chest for 100+ damage everytime you get close. So that made me use range, which even with special arrows (i think the arrows are the reason no runes are alowed for bows) I was only dealing about 30-35 damage per arrow shot.

Unfortunatly all but the arch-demon (in my experience) would bite and hold onto whatever character was right infront of them and do massive damage before you could get them free (on normal even except for cone of cold Its super hard to stun them unless you have high magic).

All of these things pieced together ment... I was doing hardly anything shooting arrows while Morrigan would have to save mana and only use cone of cold while Wynn auto attacked and healed allistair if the dragon got a hit in or not. If Morrigan was resisted or worse... ran oom (out of mana) Allistair was quick to die... followed by me because even though when fighting dragons I wore high magic resistance gears the physical damage massacred me. And even if wynn got the rez up it didn't matter.

10. Default

this game has also hardcore fucked with my dreams, more so then any other game ever has... and I thought wow made me have some crazy dreams. ya, this was the best free downloaded game ive ever played heh.

Maynard - The WCS Guy