Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone have a motorcycle?

1. Default

loka do you have a motorcycle?

i was thinking about getting one. id be using it to drive back and forth to school. i really want a sport bike and i have looked into the 250r because of the mileage and price. for brand new i think that thats an awesome price. the website didnt have any black ones but ive seen some black 250rs on google and they look sexy.

im five foot five, 135 pounds so maybe you all can give me some advice on what a good bike would be?

and my good friend has a hayabusa. he wont let anybody drive it and im sure as hell not going to ride with him with the way he rides haha he and his brother both have hayabusas. his brother drag races though so his hayabusa has all kinds of mods.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

Quote Originally Posted by uuntiltheendd View Post

i was thinking about getting one. id be using it to drive back and forth to school. i really want a sport bike and i have looked into the 250r because of the mileage and price. for brand new i think that thats an awesome price. the website didnt have any black ones but ive seen some black 250rs on google and they look sexy.

im five foot five, 135 pounds so maybe you all can give me some advice on what a good bike would be?

and my good friend has a hayabusa. he wont let anybody drive it and im sure as hell not going to ride with him with the way he rides haha he and his brother both have hayabusas. his brother drag races though so his hayabusa has all kinds of mods.
    In regards to your height and weight...you would DEFINITELY enjoy a Ninja 250R. The old body styles are disgusting and crappy looking of course but the new Ninja 250R's are amazing bikes. And like Loka stated in her prior post, they do hit a top speed of 125. No, they don't get there as fast as a Ninja 650R...but they are quick enough. The reason I would recommend this bike to you is because it only weighs around 300lbs. With your weight and size...this would be easy for you to maneuver on. Also, the Ninja 250R has a very low seat height which is perfect for you.

EDIT: Not to mention, if you re-jet and throw on a nice full exhaust system you are looking at another 1/4 of total power in gains which is nice.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    In regards to your height and weight...you would DEFINITELY enjoy a Ninja 250R. The old body styles are disgusting and crappy looking of course but the new Ninja 250R's are amazing bikes. And like Loka stated in her prior post, they do hit a top speed of 125. No, they don't get there as fast as a Ninja 650R...but they are quick enough. The reason I would recommend this bike to you is because it only weighs around 300lbs. With your weight and size...this would be easy for you to maneuver on. Also, the Ninja 250R has a very low seat height which is perfect for you.

EDIT: Not to mention, if you re-jet and throw on a nice full exhaust system you are looking at another 1/4 of total power in gains which is nice.
    this is definitely something im going to look into. the new body style is really attractive and the price is also great for a new bike. also, its a sport bike and i want a sport bike but nothing like the 650r. its basically going to be used as a commute bike and maybe a little joyriding. im not really going to be racing or doing anything like that. i just want it to look badass, be affordable, have good mileage, and be comfortable for me.

4. Default

I've already made arrangements for when I have my midlife crisis to buy a ducati supersport 1000ds in all black lol.

a bunch of guys here at the office ride crotch rockets. but alot of them are starting to sell there bikes of get rid of it, since one co-worker smashed into the back of a 18 wheeler.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I've already made arrangements for when I have my midlife crisis to buy a ducati supersport 1000ds in all black lol.

a bunch of guys here at the office ride crotch rockets. but alot of them are starting to sell there bikes of get rid of it, since one co-worker smashed into the back of a 18 wheeler.
    how do you hit the BACK of an 18-wheeler?

what a retard.

which reminds me...just recently we had a sportsbike guy die here in charlotte. He was riding a wheelie in a Target parking lot and drove straight into the building...

Why would anyone sell their bike bc of these reasons?!?!?!

6. Default

thats funny because me and my girlfriend were standing outside of target one night and two guys were racing on sport bikes and one of them ran into the back of a car. the guy survived but his bike and the car were messed up. we rode by and laughed at him.

thats funny because me and my girlfriend were standing outside of target one night and two guys were racing on sport bikes and one of them ran into the back of a car. the guy survived but his bike and the car were messed up. we rode by and laughed at him.
    hahaha morons.

8. Default

I don't have one personally. No $$$. I would however take friends motorcycles (a ninja 500, and a ninja 250) out when they'd let me. The 250 i enjoyed more. Honestly, I'm not sure why but I did. You would think I'd enjoy the 500 for more speed, but you don't need speed. I honestly don't understand why these guys look for motorcycles and half of them will do stupid careless shit and wreck them.

The 250 isn't intimidating for a sports motorcycle, and like Tragedy said for us small people it's a pretty comfortable bike. DO NOT let someone else tell you that a 250 is a wimp bike. These are the same retards who end up dying when their first motorcycle is some over expensive, racing motorcycle they couldn't handle.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...?scid=6&id=431

They really lowered the seating from last years 2009 model when I got on that thing. I would also suggest when you get on a bike... make sure BOTH YOUR FEET can touch the ground so you have support when your stopped at a red light. And I don't mean your tippy toes. I mean that you can sit on the seat and be perfectly balanced with your feet (basically standing) on the bike. This is IMPORTANT! My friend did buy a lowering kit for her bike for my reasons, but also for her sake. It's a safety issue that you be safe while riding rather than risk of falling. Because it's such a light bike your body is the balance of the motorcycle half the time (the rest is all speed and gravity while in motion).

Plus for the price of the 250, like Tragedy said, you can add mods and buy some pretty awesome gear to go along with your motorcycle.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me