Thread: Well, I could use some help..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Well, I could use some help..

For the past two days my computer has been having problems.. Annoying ones..

First, I get a trojan that my computer STILL has, from extracting a file a friend gave me.. It doesn't do much apart from opening Internet Explorer to this site. (I REALLY don't recommend going there, but perhaps someone has seen this link before and knows how to like, uninstall IE to reinstall it to get rid of the trojan or something.. Iunno..)

After that, I put my PRODue memory stick in, and now I'm getting a "" message or something that keeps popping up every 10 seconds.. I've tried Zolved, and updating Vista, and running virus scans, and I can't seem to get rid of the trojan or this problem..

I've also tried turning off certain programs that start when I boot my computer via msconfig, none of which were relating to the problem. The only thing I could think to do other than that, was uninstalling drivers relating to my PSP memory stick. (the PRODuo.) But there was so many drivers I couldn't figure out which was which..

I don't have quicktime, or photoshop either. Another thing was "You can also delete dit.dll, dit.ini, and ditxp.exe." That's in the registry files, isn't it? Should I delete those and see if it helps?

Anyone know any solutions?

I plan on just buying an external harddrive, backing everything up, and just reinstalling the OS if I can't solve these problems.. I've also contacted the Kaspersky Internet Security forums.. Let's hope they have the solution to at least one of my problems..

Edit: I think it might just be the trojan causing all my problems.. I've deleted all my temporary internet files, cleared all records of all recently accessed sites, documents, and programs, ran a full scan using Avast, Kaspersky, and Malwarebytes.. And still haven't found the trojan/gotten rid of the trojan..

Here's some more details: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=145317
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 11-17-2009 at 11:34 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.