Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

1. Default Battlefield 3

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

this game is going 2 be beyond fucking epic.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

Looks pretty intense single player. I've just never really enjoyed Battlefield's multiplayer. It's just not for me.

3. Default

multiplayer is gonna be UBER sick on this 1. there's even gonna be a 64vs64 mode. bad company 2 will fade out once this game is released.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

4 key points for me:

1. Prone.
    2. Commander mode.
    3. Very large maps.
    4. Full vehicular arsenal.

If it doesn't have these, it's just BC2 round 2. I haven't done any research on it, so I don't know what's been confirmed and what hasn't.

5. Default

all BF games always have that stuff.

I don't remember if the first 1 had commanders but it had all the rest.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

looks sick!

7. Default

ye commander was awsome really good in 2142 i just wonder if explosives will knock ya on ya feet in multi like in the sp

This is the first I've heard of BF3 and I'm still preloading the 1080p trailer, but I really hope there's a lean function- there hasn't been a good FPS with lean for a while, and it's my favorite. CoD1 had great lean mechanics... I miss that game.

[edit] Just finished the trailer... looks intense! Frostbite 2 (the engine) looks beautiful in 1080p holy shit.. But honestly the way they censor "fuck" is really dumb. Activision does it too. Killing is fine but saying fuck isn't? Am I missing something here? Still adding this to my must-buy list, along with skyrim =]

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    4 key points for me:

1. Prone.
    2. Commander mode.
    3. Very large maps.
    4. Full vehicular arsenal.

If it doesn't have these, it's just BC2 round 2. I haven't done any research on it, so I don't know what's been confirmed and what hasn't.
    Sorry for double post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2PmmU <- Shows leaning, but its in the single player so it might be just a scripted event and not a mechanic. Looks promising though.
    Last edited by dice; 03-03-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Look at your sig, now back to mine, now back to yours, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and e-thugging like a nerd yours could be like mine.
    Look down, now back up. Where are you? You're on IBISgaming.com, reading the sig your sig could be like. I'm sexting your girl.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    multiplayer is gonna be UBER sick on this 1. there's even gonna be a 64vs64 mode. bad company 2 will fade out once this game is released.
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be 32v32, 64 player servers overall.
    I read somewhere consoles will be limited to 24 players, and PC will be able to support 64 players. (But who knows for sure ?)
    It's also going to be created for the PC, and then ported to console (So it won't be shitty like recent CoD titles).

Here ya go:
    http://www.tech-rampage.net/

10. Default

I can't decide if i'm gonna buy this game for PC or Console..

I'm sure this game requires a very good computer which i don't have so i'm kind of leaning towards console however if only the PC version supports 64 players then i might want to get it for PC..

So damn hard to choose.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'