Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ZM Server Dying??

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    bears are you a fucking blind moron??

everyday people still complain to me about why I don't buy my admin back and come deal with cade breakers and people who ZTELE.

it is constant and either it doesn't happen to you or you just don't see it or hear about it. but it is happening on a daily basis.

I've stopped playing for about 2 months now and its gonna stay that way until the admins in ZM shape up and become more strict and less lenient to rule breakers
    It would be fine if it wasn't laggy as fuck.

2. Default

bears are you a fucking blind moron??

everyday people still complain to me about why I don't buy my admin back and come deal with cade breakers and people who ZTELE.

it is constant and either it doesn't happen to you or you just don't see it or hear about it. but it is happening on a daily basis.

I've stopped playing for about 2 months now and its gonna stay that way until the admins in ZM shape up and become more strict and less lenient to rule breakers
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Don't insult me. It's not becoming on you. I'm not blowing smoke up anyones ass, etc. I'm not a fucking blind moron, etc, etc.

That being said, I speak directly from experience I've had on the server recently. Make your way to the server during the times I play. Until then, you have no way to speak for anything related to the server and no way to speak to my experiences.

Thanks for your opinion.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 11-23-2009 at 03:16 AM.

3. Default

How about ZM is getting boring to other people. I am engulfed with Dragon Age and minigames. If IBIS got a minigames server, it would be fun. But for me ZM got boring around October. That and too many little kids... which I detest.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

If you think ZM is dying then you are stupid.

The only problem is when it rarely crashes
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

5. Default

I don't know what issues you guys are having on the server since i haven't played there in a long time but if you are having lag issues with the higher player base i would increase the "maxrate" to 50000 on the server end if players are currently matching it and still getting lag. Most likely most players do not have there rate setting high enough to handle players aka the default setting, i suggest putting an advert to tell people to set there rate correctly. I don't know the servers bandwidth but a good tool just to make sure the system can handle the load is http://test.realchamp.dk/bandwidth/math.php If the issue is still going on and the cpu load is not high i would contact your dedicated provider and see if they placed caps on your transfer rate.

The above suggestion will only help if you have the bandwidth and your issue is not cpu or ram related. The other option i suggest if you are still having issues with lag is instead of using windows use the linux version of srcds and recompile the linux kernal to be more efficient for srcds.

Good luck with your issues.
    Last edited by silent; 11-23-2009 at 06:56 AM.

I don't enjoy the ZM server because the last 5 times or so that I've gone in there you just hear Mic Spam, He/She broke my cade, OMG WTF ZTELE, who blew up the bridge?!?!

and I hear it over and over and over again...and if I am the only admin in there or if there is just like one other, you can't really have too much fun if you do what an admin is supposed to do and fix those problems.

You gotta figure out who is doing what, hopefully lock a demo on some of it...and pay close attention to all of that shit instead of just having a good ol' time.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Don't insult me. It's not becoming on you. I'm not blowing smoke up anyones ass, etc. I'm not a fucking blind moron, etc, etc.

That being said, I speak directly from experience I've had on the server recently. Make your way to the server during the times I play. Until then, you have no way to speak for anything related to the server and no way to speak to my experiences.

Thanks for your opinion.
    you know what OMGBEARS I will hop back on the ZM server when I see you in it.

than I'll show you all the problems first hand in a nice tone to please your feminine side.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

you know what OMGBEARS I will hop back on the ZM server when I see you in it.

than I'll show you all the problems first hand in a nice tone to please your feminine side.
    lol so funny but such a dick way to put that lol.

9. Default

well during this season ibis always dies then in the summer it becomes alive again don't worry i've had this phase 2 or 3 times already you'll get over it soon

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    well during this season ibis always dies then in the summer it becomes alive again don't worry i've had this phase 2 or 3 times already you'll get over it soon
    Um, why would it die in the winter ? It's fucking cold out. No body participates in winter sports EVERY DAY do they ?