Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    sorry for DP, but I actually remembered my old Psych professor in my Learning and Behavior class last year that sleep will always aid in memory. Have you ever sleep deprived yourself for 2 days? I have. It's not pretty and normally, you shouldn't do it especially if your wanting to remember things.

Someone in that class did a small study that if you study for a test all night with no sleep so you can remember the information, you only remember the last thing you read and failed. If you study all evening with sufficient sleep (6-8 hours) they did much better on the test.
    or... the people with sleep deprivation.. simply don't have enough energy left to focus on the test... was all the variable controlled? how did you record the data? Quantitative observeration? Qualitative observation? ... too many confounding variables usually screw over your psychological experiments.. I would know.. I can't even do the stroop effect experiment without realizing there are atleast one or two variables that simple cannot be controlled..

By the way people that study all night long.. and plans to do major cramming only means that they are born procrastinators.. whereas the people that studied earlier knows how to plan ahead and are most likely the better students.. (remember I am only generalizing) Study materials could also be different per student as well Loka..

Also Anex.. have you seen MRI scans or any brain scans in particular? I noticed that we use a lot more then 10%... but certain brain damages could really mess up your ability to use the full potential of your brain...

Also Anex read up on split personalities, it has some very interesting case studies.. I don't remember the specific case study... but the gist of the case study was this... (for the sake of easier explanation we'll call one of the personality Eva Black and the other personality Eva White)

oh wait.. eva..

eve?

oh shit.. my memory somehow triggered and I magically found the case study O.O

http://www.holah.karoo.net/thigpenstudy.htm

and I'm not really back yet.. happen to stumble on to your post since today is the start of a four day weekend.. and replied to your post because I find it very interesting and not the same old crap like in the other sections
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

2. Default

You sure are generalizing the difference of an average high school student and an average college student. Even the "planned" of all students find themselves fucked in exams, and sleep deprived. I never studied for my exams. I stayed up. I drank. I was a B student through college. I look at my old roommates behaviors to see how they studied. I had one that would group study. Go out before an exam... do well. Another one would go out and party, wake up and study before the exam... did somewhat well... Another one would study and study and study. Stay up. Study some more. Sleep for awhile and then do somewhat well.

As for that in class study... it wasn't my study and I didn't partake in it. If you want all that scientific bullshit, bother that person. Comparing what that girl did to what your doing with the stroop effect is totally different considering your using something that already was used in a study, and you will have more complications trying to prove anything in your hypothesis. You can be dealing with someone who has slow reaction timing, people who are colorblind, have a mental disorder, have pre-existent brain damage. The variable is easy considering males are more likely to be color blind than females. Then again that is why you distribute a questionnaire with those "do you" or "have you" questions in psychological studies than other studies. It's also why you can manipulate a study to your hypothesis.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

3. Default

dmt and other hallucenogens are illegal because people in high places dont want us to see what doors these things can open. they want to keep us all narrow minded pricks. im sure there are many things they have discovered by testing these drugs that they dont want us to see or find out about.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

4. Default

is salvia legal in the states? it is here, never understood why.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    is salvia legal in the states? it is here, never understood why.
    nope.

6. Default

The war on drugs started with President Eisenhower, but Nixon made it 10x what it is today by creating the DEA.

In early 20th century, dentist and doctors were using morphine, cocaine, heroine, etc to reduce pain. Coca-Cola got it's name from adding coke.

During prohibition is when things basically went bad as far as drug control and laws. The mafia made huge profits on alcohol, and because of the high crime rate plus having corrupt officials, alcohol prohibition was made useless and was nullified. Then they focused on the other drugs. Marijuana, cocaine, heroine (granted those two should still be illegal) any hallucinogens were made illegal.

Hollywood started aiding and fueling to the governments cause. Made a movie called Reefer Madness where it portrayed teenagers going mad from smoking weed. Funny shit considering what we know today.

And the ads they put out were biased and one sided. Because of that, and word of mouth from generations of the gullible Americans from the depression years, fueled the word that marijuana is bad.

But really, each state has it's own laws on how to handle marijuana possession. In Massachusetts, I guess they realized they were sending people with a stupid possession charge to two years in jail while letting more serious offenders on a lenient probation charge. So if you have less than 2 ounces of weed on you in Massachusetts, it's a 100 dollar fine. Funny right?

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

7. Default

Salvia's still legal in PA from what I recall...

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

8. Default

Current universe can not be infinite, it is not possible to move on an infinite path. Ergo, if infinite time exists it is impossible for time to progress.

Ultimately drugs only mislead people by allowing their imagination to create ideas that have no logical baring. Ultimately you can either look at it from derived logic or from a religious position however both will take you to the same Truth. When simplified into basic form the fabric of the universe is best understood. In no instance has taking substances, that alter the minds function and ability to reason, actually revealed anything new from our understanding of the universe. Instead it has only acted to restate claims bade though logical discourse as if they were spontaneously generated, often misusing said data to fit a "better" image. See: psychedelic universe
    Last edited by ZERO; 11-26-2009 at 08:56 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Current universe can not be infinite, it is not possible to move on an infinite path. Ergo, if infinite time exists it is impossible for time to progress.
    so counting ceases at some point? id like to see that number.

10. Default

If X if infinite distance from Y how far is Z?