Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or Xbox 360?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwat View Post
    Also, another question.

Would it eat my my PC's internet if I plug it into my PC?

~Sqwat
    nope.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    nope.
    I have a 50 foot ethernet cable tucked under my carpet going to my moden for my 360. :-)

3. Default

loka is right, when ever you buy expensive electronics its best to buy them at BEST BUY!!! the PSP as we call them are basically an extended warrenty on top of the manufacture warranty. just make sure you read the fine print hahahaha.

as for XBOX 360 vs PS3, the 360 is the way to go. have you noticed all the TV ads promoting the PS3?? and you know how it says it can do everything?? one thing the 360 still has over the PS3 is fan and developer base.

yes the PS3 is more reliable than the 360. but if you leave any game console on for more than 8 hours while you sleep everyday for a few months your gonna fry something.

right now it really doesn't matter what console you get cause most games these's days are coming out for both consoles due to the poor economy and developers wanting to get the most money they can, not alot of developers are signing exclusive contracts to release a game on a certain console anymore.

but for me its the 360 all the way.

oh and as the 360 wireless connection goes, yes it does slow down your internet, it takes alot of your bandwidth.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    yes the PS3 is more reliable than the 360. but if you leave any game console on for more than 8 hours while you sleep everyday for a few months your gonna fry something.

yet I can leave my Atari on for 3 years strait and it will still work fine... funny. I guess as time goes on, consoles are just becoming more and more shitty built.... kinda sad and ass backwards but hey, what are ya gonna do.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    yet I can leave my Atari on for 3 years strait and it will still work fine... funny. I guess as time goes on, consoles are just becoming more and more shitty built.... kinda sad and ass backwards but hey, what are ya gonna do.

Well the old ghetto cell phones that you needed a suitcase to carry around were a little more sturdy than todays blackberries and Iphones but, your not gonna debate which one is beter are ya?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wickedtribe View Post
    Well the old ghetto cell phones that you needed a suitcase to carry around were a little more sturdy than todays blackberries and Iphones but, your not gonna debate which one is beter are ya?
    well all I know is I have NOTHING bad 2 say about Atari and all the original consoles, I own them all and a shit ton of games for each 1, and I honestly find myself wanting 2 play them more often then the newer systems. regardless of how many times youve beat the original zelda or mario.. they just never seem 2 lose there charm, as where with mainstream games today you can get bored of them quite quick.
    Last edited by maynard; 11-25-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwat View Post
    Also, another question.

If I do buy an Xbox 360, would I have to buy the wireless adapter? My PC

is about 15-20 feet away from my TV where I'll be playing. Is that an issue?

Would it eat my my PC's internet if I plug it into my PC?

~Sqwat
    Oh for the love of Jesus... get it directly connected to your router if you can. Otherwise I never had issues with wireless on an Xbox, it's just a pain in the ass. I actually have an old Linksys adapter, but I hear the XBox adapter is perfect. As for eating your bandwidth, as long as your not downloading shit, it should be fine. If your browsing for walkthroughs while playing it should be fine. I did it all the time on my PC and internet was the same.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Oh for the love of Jesus... get it directly connected to your router if you can. Otherwise I never had issues with wireless on an Xbox, it's just a pain in the ass. I actually have an old Linksys adapter, but I hear the XBox adapter is perfect. As for eating your bandwidth, as long as your not downloading shit, it should be fine. If your browsing for walkthroughs while playing it should be fine. I did it all the time on my PC and internet was the same.
    I used 2 run my 360 on a linksys, worked quite well. I wouldn't mind having the xbox wireless adapter... but I'm not spending 80 bucks on it lol

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

I say xbox, since I have one and many people on the forums have one. Unless you want to avoid us crazys then get a PS3 or get a xbox and not tell any one. But xbox has more games, even though there content nazi and greedy bastards that charge for using the internet? (OMG we pay and no dedicated servers... then what are we paying for???) I have alot of issues with xbox but its what I know. PS3 has blueray thats all I know about it.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

Just buy both eventually but right now since you're only getting one get the one that right now offers the games you want most. If you want the 360 then get it, yeah they can sometimes be a bit unreliable, I'm on my 3rd but I will say this, Microsoft does a good job of getting it taken care of, I mean my problem has always been the Red Ring of Death but M$ covered it for me each time and hey gave me an additional 3 year warranty out of it so I can't complain too much.