Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or Xbox 360?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default PS3 or Xbox 360?

I can't decide... And it is a hard decision. My brother has a PS3 and he says

that he does not receive any problems with it.

My only problem is not many of my friends have a PS3.

I want to buy an Xbox 360 for the reason to play with my friends.

But I did some research on it and I hear it is a real pain. Financially and stability.

Thoughts?

Ideas would be appreciated.

~Sqwat

2. Default

Do Xbox 360's Break down? Yes
    Do they have issues with degrading over time? Yes

If you are to get an xbox, you should get the Elite. Its the newest that I know of and has the glitches worked out of it.... or so I heard.

Personally I have owned 3 xbox's First one after a year I got the red ring of death, second one began having an issue with saying every single disk was uncleaned which I later found out to be bull because they played just fine in a friends xbox so i ended with my third one.

Why do I keep going back to it you ask?

Well cuz it has the best damn games out there except like 3 of them for console.

If your lookin for a beter system though, the PS3 is the way to go, blue ray, much larger hard Drive (except from the elite, i think) and in general a beter system.

But, look at it like this, it was the same way with PS2 and the original Xbox, the PS2 came out first leading the Xbox to be a beter system. this time it was PS3 that came out last.

I don't have nor have I ever had a play station 3, perhaps sombody else can tell you how well they function.

3. Default

Ok .. it does not break my head to choose ... go buy a Wii xD lol

EDIT: I have a PS3 60GB compatibility with games from the PS2 to date I have no problem

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=Toy=-=Québec=-FR View Post
    Ok .. it does not break my head to choose ... go buy a Wii xD lol

EDIT: I have a PS3 60GB compatibility with games from the PS2 to date I have no problem
    Fail Tommy, Fail.

Here is my experience...

Do Xbox 360's break down? Sometimes
    Do PS3's break down? Sometimes

I bought a brand new 60gb PS3 from Gamestop last year, and while watching my FIRST blue-ray movie, the system froze and the laser that reads discs fried. I took it back under Gamestop warranty and got another one. 2 weeks later I put my first blue-ray movie in the new PS3 and BOOM same exact thing....laser is fried, won't read any type of disc.

What did I do?

I bought an XBOX 360. Not just a normal one though, I got the elite. The ELITE is known for having very little to ZERO problems at all. I have had it for a year now and everything still works great...DVD's, games blah blah.

Not to mention, the games that are xbox live are so much more fun than games that can use the PS3 network. MUCH MORE FUN. And if you want a system you can play with friends on, the XBOX is the way to go, just make sure you get the ELITE. The new elites are the same price as the 60gb PS3 and they come with double the Hard Drive size.

Sure on an XBOX you might have to pay $54 a year to run xbox live but there is a reason for it. MULTIPLE updates all of the time, game updates all of the time, and the experience is highly user friendly and a lot more fun than the PS3 network....trust me, PS3 network blows I hated that shit.

XBOX 360 ELITE FTW!

6. Default

I have a taste for XBOX 360 elite ... I'll sell my PS3 to a noob!

7. Default

Also, another question.

If I do buy an Xbox 360, would I have to buy the wireless adapter? My PC

is about 15-20 feet away from my TV where I'll be playing. Is that an issue?

Would it eat my my PC's internet if I plug it into my PC?

~Sqwat

8. Default

Well I have gone through my share of xbox 360s as well but as long as xbox keeps replacing them i dont care. I got my First one of Feb after launch and i knew they would have been rushed system, so I bought a 2 year warranty from xbox for 50 bucks, and since they gave the 3 year RROD warranty my warranty is still covered till feb 2011 which isnt to bad.

I know the ps3 is also a great system but no one I knew ever had one except 1 or 2 people and i dont have a 1080p TV. I thought about buying one this year becuase the game line up is looking good and the major price drop, but if im playing online or multiplay im sticking with the 360.

But for price per price you get more in the ps3 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwat View Post
    Also, another question.

If I do buy an Xbox 360, would I have to buy the wireless adapter? My PC
    is about 15-20 feet away from my TV where I'll be playing. Is that an issue?
    Would it eat my my PC's internet if I plug it into my PC?

~Sqwat
    And to answer that question on wireless If you want wireless yes you will need to buy a wireless adapter but you dont have to buy xbox version you can get the linksys game bridge or something. i prefer wired myself and if you have 2 ethernet ports on you pc or if you pc is wireless and has an ethernet port you can connect there 360 that way(with internect connection sharing on windows).

And will it eat your internet? depends on your isp(for gaming in all depends on you Upload stream and ping ). But i have 3 computers and 3 360 at my house on during weekends an never really had an internet problem while running at the same time

ps. i went to tech school and studied computer networking so i you have question on your network I might be able to help

Just buy both eventually but right now since you're only getting one get the one that right now offers the games you want most. If you want the 360 then get it, yeah they can sometimes be a bit unreliable, I'm on my 3rd but I will say this, Microsoft does a good job of getting it taken care of, I mean my problem has always been the Red Ring of Death but M$ covered it for me each time and hey gave me an additional 3 year warranty out of it so I can't complain too much.

10. Default

I want a PSP, I really do. I think you should get a PSP. Ps3 and XBox 360 are highly overrated anyways.