Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Major Zombie Update planned

1. Default

If all goes on schedule I hope to have a test server up within 24 hours. The goal is to get the settings on the test server to be 100% identical to that of the current zm server. Only the zm mod will be on there at first so that we can get all the classes set and then all the other mods will be added so that we have an entirely new server that is much faster. When the test server goes live a new thread will be made requesting regulars to play and post back on anything that not act the way it does in normal zm. Note that this is testing stock settings only so looking at the ze maps is pointless. Once we get everything the same we can then work on suggesting changes to the base and at the same time I can start work on a first draft ze config that can be tested as well. If all goes well we should be on target for a January release!

2. Default

Remember for those asking to add mods, the more mods you add the more the server is going to lag under pressure and or crash from unforeseen bugs.. he's trying to remove some of the causes, which event scripts is a big one.
    -note lag Is NOT caused because the server is not powerful enough, but custom mods that people have written that have a tendency to bind up and cause the program itself to bog down.

Also darkness plugins is only a mod that was built for Eventscripts, and the zombiemod version of darkness is a bit buggy unless they fix it.

I Am looking forward to seeing what zero has planned.

regards:

Rezel

3. Default

I sent you a list of new maps Zero, maybe you can add them whenever you update.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

The update is now delayed until next week as my computer needs to be replaced (again). It looks like the OS is going to die... also a proposal to construct a second SBII is under consideration this way one can be getting repaired while the other is in use! So the question is why have one for $4000 when you could have two for $8000... then again with my luck it might be a good idea to have one for every month of the year and I could use them in rotation and format them every 30 days and then just leave them idol encase the 11 before break.

Currently I do not even have access to the server anymore as java is fucked and I need that for the connection... do not worry though b/c if something breaks I can always get a computer that just runs the connection to the server so I can fix it.

I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

No work can be done until next Wednesday at the soonest. It is likely that no work will be done until January 5th... Between now and next Wednesday I am moving the computers down to GA testing the gpu reformatting my OS with win 7. Possibly buying a new gpu and heatsink along with win7. Also now I am considering constructing another computer that will simply backup the SBII HDDs encase the os tanks so that it can be restored instantly without a format. A minimum of 4TB will be needed for this backup computer but it should fix all future problems that are software related. I just hope to God my parents will pay for this shit b/c I do not have the money to actually fix any of this...

7. Default

It sounds like your having quite a conundrum going on there. An idea for you zero is to maybe run a raid setup on your computer so you don't keep loosing shit every time your OS goes corrupt, or something fries and takes more out than you really want it to.

I use raid on here, and its saved my ass more times than i can actually count.

As i said if you need help, i would be glad to assist in any way if you need it.

-rezel

8. Default

If your os fucked raid would not help. I have run RAD 5 in the past and the only thing raid does is protect you against HDD failure or add more speed if you in 0 and in some 5 configs. I am now planning on just using a 30gb ssd for the os so that I can wipe it when ever there is a problem

9. Default

well depends, i prefer raid 2 so its an exactly copy of my other hard drive, so if it fries i can just change it over and it runs perfectly like nothing ever happened. Though because of how raid 5 it evenly distributes it across all 5 disks, so your right it would not save your operating system.

That would def work 2, i wish i could pay for a ssd, they have become ridiculously expensive nowadays though.

10. Default

figures we finally look like were going to mix things up and try new things in a new zm test finally and your damn computer conspires aganst us.

DAMN YOU MODERN TECHNOLOGY!

ah well its just as well I enjoy gungame far more than zm now anyways, its not the mods fault or yours zero its just that its gotten boring and predictible and besides rezel it doesnt seem like theres any real characters on anymore like there used to be.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.