Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Major Zombie Update planned

1. Default

Has anyone noticed that it's only been lagging when someone gets turned into a zombie?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Yes and the cause is the .kv file that is an engine based file that it reads from and if it gets to large it will lag. I would like to clear it but I can not do that until I can shut off the server and I can not do with without the sbII.

Also what you said about RAID is totally incorrect on every single level. For one you were speaking about raid 1 when you said raid 2 as raid 2 is a very rare form that requires 10 ECC hard drives to work that I know that no one here has. I also know that even if you had said raid 1 that is also wrong as I have run a raid 1 array and it does and does not work as you describe. Yes it can prevent an os corruption but only one instance. For example, due to a bad driver on an old controller the os was corrupted and could not boot but this was only on one of the two HDDs. When the raid was shut off it was reviled that only drive 1 had corruption and drive 2 was fine. However if there was registry corruption over an extended time that compounded into a larger problem this would not help you. As for raid 5 I have also run a raid 5 and actually still do with 3 raptors on an old system. Note how I said 3 and not 5 as RAID 5 needs at least 3 drives to work. The way it works is by using 1/x the disc space on each drive for backup data with x being the number of drives and that number being greater than or equal to 3. When only 3 drives are used raid 5 can sustain 1 failure and recover however as you add more drives it does become possible to sustain multiple failures at the same time however I do not off the top of my head remember the ratios.

3. Default

It's all about the RAID-10. Striping + Mirroring == redundancy w/ good speed. RAID-5 is for sure the most reliable solution (well, maybe RAID-6). Our standard server config at work is raid-5, with raid-10 for the more heavily used Oracle servers.

4. Default

Ah, my bad I totally see the way your looking at it now, my bad zero.

5. Default

I now have full connection with the server again. The upload of the new test server is back online and it should be playable today.

6. Default

Test server online see test server thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...5573#post45573