Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Zombie Update planned

1. Arrow Major Zombie Update planned

In the next two months there is going to be a huge update to the zombie server. The main goal of this update will be to run different zombie configs based on map. There will be one set of classes for normal zombie mod and another set that is optimized for escape.

So the question is, what sort of classes would you like to see in escape maps.

2. Default

Someone said a crisp to replace the fast zombie in escape maps would be alright.

The crisp would be slightly faster than a predator, yet slower than an actual fast.

Others might just say disable the fast zombie all together, and leave predator as the fastest zombie in escape maps, but could you imagine fighting an army of zombies you can't see?

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, could you please readd zm_csk_4corners?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    In the next two months there is going to be a huge update to the zombie server. The main goal of this update will be to run different zombie configs based on map. There will be one set of classes for normal zombie mod and another set that is optimized for escape.

So the question is, what sort of classes would you like to see in escape maps.
    I just want to see the Classic on the escape maps... They are still faster then a human, but not like as soon as we see them we die. We get time for them to shoot and push them back!!!!! CLASSIC only FTW for Escape.
    Who are you? oh thats right your the shit talker... I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME I am.
    Sonic logs back into steam: 9/11/10

4. Default

can we get really fast and i mean as a predator deformeds? i might come back to the server if i actually see that xD

5. Default

way to dodge the issue, the fact still remains that the server is way to big for any of the zmod maps.

what you need to do is turn the testbed server that james used for the cading tutorials into another regular zmod server with 28 slots and do that to the other, current one before even tampering with the zclasses that you'll probably end up making them even worse like you've done in the past zero
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

6. Default

You going to reduce the number of slots, theres just too many players at a time.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

Zero...

I don't play the ZM server much but this is what I can see:

28-30 players MAX on the ZM server (possibly just have 2 since we have so many ppl interested in our infamous ZM server).

Do away with fast zombies all together in escape maps and let the predator be the fastest one on there. And due to the fact that it is escape, fighting 20 invisible zombies will get kinda irritating so possibly just have their skin set to something else rather than invis during escape maps only.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Default

Recently I've been noticing a lot of lag during the daytime. Though it is tolerable.

Do you think this update will solve some of the lag issues, Zero? Or are they related to some of the plugins the server is running? I saw something relative to fixing this problem awhile back somewhere on the forums, but I can't find it. Something about ms rates (or something) aren't set high enough with default settings.. Whatever that means.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

like rate 50000 was what silent suggested

10. Default

I'm unable to find it. I went to Silent's profile and viewed all of his threads, but I can't find it. Mind searching for it with me whoever might be reading this?