Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: unban

Default unban

Joined the server, and RofLoLmao was playing music, I asked him to stop, and he continued to play music for the sole purpose of trying to annoy me. With no admin on, and none on my friends list, I started to shoot him at the start of the rounds. Then U Suck came in and banned me, never asked me to stop, never said a word. RofloLmao and some other guy were talking about me shooting rofl and how I wouldn't do that with an admin on, not even 30sec after U Suck joined I was banned. Only 1 day, but I'd rather this be removed right away.

Name in Game:[ZM]Slipstream-=DT=-
    Steam-ID:STEAM_0:1:24259836
    Who banned you: U Suck
    When:07-01-11 01:04
    Where:gungame
    Why banned:team killing
    Link to ban:dunno how to link to my specific ban, heres list http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans....php?p=banlist

Other/Reason to unban: never actually team killed, only attacked, sure am glad the admin decided to NOT get all the info before acting

-edit-
    For the record, one of the things he played was Justin Beiber, so I feel totally justified in shooting him.
    Last edited by slipstream; 07-01-2011 at 12:25 AM.

2. Default

soooo.... cause someone was playing music and it was upsetting you, you decided 2 break the server rules? your logic is flawed. as he shouldn't have been spamming music, you were in no position 2 start griefing him and breaking server rules... regardless of the circumstances...

you do have the option of player muting him, not sure why you wouldn't have just done that and waited for an admin 2 log on so it could be taken care of properly.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

I shouldn't have to go through the bother of using player mute. Since there was an IBIS member on at the time, obviously wasn't admin or he would have dealt with me team attacking right away, he had no authority to give permission for rofl to play the music, and instead insisted that he stopped playing the music instead of encouraging. I come to play, not to be bothered by mic spam from some stupid kid.

Also, since I was not even spoken to by U Suck before he banned me, this only leads me to believe that he was contacted by that IBIS person (don't remember the name any more) probably only said I was team attacking, also, rofl all of a sudden stopped playing the music, maybe 30-40sec before
    U Suck joined, so I think they were baiting me and trying to get me banned on purpose.

waited for an admin 2 log on
    No? Considering the time, and also since I have no clue the schedule of IBIS admins, this was not an option. I really doubt anything was said to rofl about his mic spam, and I noticed he did not receive a ban for it. If anything, U Suck told him to stop, and for me, U Suck didn't even say 2 words, never told me to stop, nothing. Generally I see admins give warnings for this kind of thing, but a ban right away, especially since he wasn't on when I did it, is kind of ridiculous.

Oh, and rofl was the one that had team killed me, I never killed him only attacked. I suppose no one bothered telling U Suck that either.

III. Spamming
    1) Yelling into a mic repeatedly to disrupt game play
    2) The use of HLSS
    A) Can be used with permission from admin or if players are requesting it
    B) Should not be overused or used for long durations

It lists what violations, but that is not necessary for my point, which is bold and font size increased.

I. Kicks
    Should be given out to players to break the rules and disrupt the game. A verbal and admin say warring should be given out in advanced of a kick.
    1) If players fail to respond within a reasonable time frame they should be kicked for violation of any of the following

2) The following can be upgraded directly to a "short" temp ban with the discretion of the ADMIN. Remember that the player should still be warned before any ban or kick is issued.

4. Default

as a verbal warning should have been given, it still doesn't excuse the fact you were breaking the rules. serve your ban, next time player mute the person till someone who can do something about it shows up. pouring gasoline on a fire doesn't help extinguish it...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Umm...really dude? Because no admin was on you made your own rules? Thats so fucking dumb. You deserve that ban. Heres a smart thing to do...add some admins to your friends list. Mute him from your players list and continue with the game.
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

So glad to see that no one addresses the issue of an admin not following proper procedure, or for that matter, another IBIS member not even trying t get rofl to stop playing the music when a player asks. No instead rofl continues ON PURPOSE, the IBIS member encourages this for the sake of annoying me, and finally U Suck bans without saying 2 words to me. So instead of making me look so bad by saying I am making my own rules, which doesn't even make sense, I was attacking him because he was annoying me, how about taking a look at how long I've played on the server and how many bans I have received.

Obviously others can break rules and get away with it. I do something as small as this and I deserve a day ban? Hitman, mod or not, don't speak to me like that and just shut up. I did not get a warning, and a ban for team attacking a retard does not deserve a day ban. Quit defending the actions of other IBIS members who are clearly in the wrong ok kid?

team attacking =/= day ban, especially without warning
    this puts me in the right that the ban should not have happened, and the ban should have been lifted asap

7. Default

Lol? They were in the wrong? So far yes he should have stopped but YOU decided to break the rules too....you were TKing so you got FUCKED and now your crying like a little bitch.

Enjoy your ban because Im sure as shit not unbanning you. You got what you deserve
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

1) I never tk'd, get your facts straight
    2) You are a trolling mod, that is a new one for me
    3) Stfu if you are not going to unban, if the rule about respecting IBIS admins/mods is to be followed, I believe they should act more mature than what you are displaying

9. Default

Let it go, Slipstream. There's a lot of hypocrisy in this community, but you won't have to deal with much of it if you stick to the rules. No need to teamshoot people for microphone spamming when a mute will do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by &&toasties
    I'd do Fluffy any day.

10. Default

Purposefully shooting your team mates, killing or not, is AGAINST the rules. Not a single one here is defending the mic spammer, however you broke our rules to.

Also I dont think you know what an Ibis member is, im sure there were plenty of regs on, however if they dont have <Ibis>(Clan) or <Ibis.A>(admin) they dont matter.
    And Slip, nowhere in this thread has a Mod or clan disrespected you, we have just stated that YOU broke rules therefor, YOU should not be unbanned. I doubt it was longer then a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?