Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WCS in the mornings

1. Default WCS in the mornings

Hey everyone.

Zero, i'm pretty sure you know about this, but i was just wondering if there was anything you could change to fix it.
    Most mornings, the WCS server glitches like crazy. For some reason, normal damage won't work, and only damage from abilities will (raiden's ult, extra damage applied like w/ athena, etc...) work. an example, i summoned someone this morning, unloaded an entire mp5 into their back, then emptied an entire tmp into their head, and finally died to their teammate's serpent ward. It was registering the damage (numbers on my screen) but it never actually hurt them.

Normally, someone cals in an admin (mostly anex or chibby) to come in and reset the server, but i was just wondering why this keeps happening. A few months ago, this stuff never happened and one day all of a sudden it did.

any solutions zero?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    Hey everyone.

Zero, i'm pretty sure you know about this, but i was just wondering if there was anything you could change to fix it.
    Most mornings, the WCS server glitches like crazy. For some reason, normal damage won't work, and only damage from abilities will (raiden's ult, extra damage applied like w/ athena, etc...) work. an example, i summoned someone this morning, unloaded an entire mp5 into their back, then emptied an entire tmp into their head, and finally died to their teammate's serpent ward. It was registering the damage (numbers on my screen) but it never actually hurt them.

Normally, someone cals in an admin (mostly anex or chibby) to come in and reset the server, but i was just wondering why this keeps happening. A few months ago, this stuff never happened and one day all of a sudden it did.

any solutions zero?
    ive never seen it happen cause I guess I just don't play at that time. but yeah it's been an on going issue for quite some time. and apparently it cost wizard 28 lvls this morning..... as always I'm sure zero will figure it out eventually. I know he's busy the next couple weeks though.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

This is a rare glitch caused by WCS the cause is completely unknown. However it is believed that for unknown reasons a WCS server can not start at the same time as any other server... so what I will try to do is program a delay in the boot of the wcs server to that it loads after the others. I will make a post after that change has been made so that you may see if it works.

4. Default

zero ftw

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

dude, you are awesome.

i hope it ends up working.

but why'd it start all of a sudden a few months back?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    dude, you are awesome.

i hope it ends up working.

but why'd it start all of a sudden a few months back?
    cause you touch yourself at night?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

:sigh: i'd have a witty comment, but right now i just want to watch naruto abridged again.

8. Default

The change should take effect next time it restarts. Hopefully there will be no glitch on Sunday morning.

9. Default

I've seen plenty of abuse take place during this time as well. One of the bigger ones as a few late nighters can attest to is being able to pickup a secondary and main weapon as the knife races and even be completely invisible while shooting as a vagalion. Only visible effect is muzzle flash. It's the same with vagabond if you drop your scout. Along with rapscallion and flame predator. Clearly this doesn't help the actual issue just what I've seen.
    I know right.

10. Default

well, shooting invisible as vagabond is a known glitch, and we can't fix that.

basically, the time after the server restarts (sometimes) and when an admin can manually restart it is all fucked up. athena's ultimate won't work, for example.

but like zero already said indifferent, it should be fixed.