Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Salt Water Aquariums

Default Salt Water Aquariums

Anyone here a keeper/fan/hobbyist regarding Salt Water Aquariums?

Thought I would ask. I am currently in the middle of building mine and will post pics throughout the process if I feel that people are interested in this type of thing.

Anywho...post if you are!

2. Default

I used 2 do freshwater. then after a couple years I realized I REALLY don't enjoy cleaning the fish equipment, and I don't ever really watch the fish or the tank 2 begin with. when I first got it id lay in bed and just watch the fish do there thing... but I grew tired of that over time.

you should invent the worlds first self cleaning fish tank. there's an idea ^^

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

I would LOVE to have a salt-water aquiarium but I am too poor to have one.

Share yours with me?

pls?

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

4. Default

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

paroon shark, worth the buy. crayfish are also lotts of fun.

check this out lol

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

lol Maynard.

That shark was adorable!

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

Haven't done a Saltwater tank as the upcost of maintaining it and the cost of the fish wasn't too thrilling. I had a freshwater up until a year ago and I loved it.

I just put the last stain of Varnish/Gloss on my stand I just custom built for it, it looks sick. I'll take pics of it tomorrow when it's dry.

Anyway, my setup is going to be (by this Saturday)

-55 Gallon Tank
    -55lbs Live Sand
    -55lbs of Live Rock
    -2 Vortech Blowers (keeps the water moving inside)

Not doing fish yet until everything is settled. First 2 fish will come around christmas. Going to get a pair of mated Clown Fish (nemos). Mated ones are sweet b/c they follow each other all the time. I'll eventually be adding more fish like Damsals and whatnot, but I really can't wait to get my Dwarf Lion Fish in there. <--mother fucker is gonna be like that.

Once I move into my new place in the summer is when I will be adding a Canister Filter so I can start growing/adding Coral into the mix as well.

Basically my setup is going to be a Reef Aquarium w/ 5 fish, 1 Moray Eel, and a bunch of shrimp/crab/snails to keep shit clean.

I'll take step by step pics of the process once it gets movin' this weekend.

8. Default

eh i dont know too much about salt water. but i went through the same situation maynard did; i was into freshwater aquariums then after a while i got really tired of it. lookin forward to seeing some pics when you get it set up though.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

Damn thinking about that moray eel reminded me of my Weather Loaches I used to have, had 4 of them. Sweetests things ever. Even gave up keeping a red tipped shark for them ( big shark fan ).

10. Default

i just want to say that in maynard's vids there, that shark was complete fail.

didn't eat a single fish. i was expecting a bit of a feeding frenzy/blood bath...but i guessed wrong