Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry_read_me

1. Arrow Harry_read_me

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/science/01tier.html

If you have not delved into the thousands of e-mail messages and files hacked from the computers of British climate scientists, let me give you the closest thing to an executive summary. It is taken from a file slugged HARRY_READ_ME, which is the log of a computer expert’s long struggle to make sense of a database of historical temperatures. Here is Harry’s summary of the situation:

Aarrggghhh!
    That cry, in various spellings, is a motif throughout the log as Harry tries to fight off despair. “OH [EXPLETIVE] THIS!” he writes after struggling to reconcile readings from weather stations around the world. “It’s Sunday evening, I’ve worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I’m hitting yet another problem that’s based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform data integrity. ...”
    Harry, whoever he may be, comes off as the most sympathetic figure in the pilfered computer annals of East Anglia University, the British keeper of global temperature records. While Harry’s log shows him worrying about the integrity of the database, the climate scientists are e-mailing one another with strategies for blocking outsiders’ legal requests to see their data.
    While Harry is puzzling over temperatures — “I have that familiar Twilight Zone sensation” — the scientists are confidently making proclamations to journalists, jetting to conferences and plotting revenge against those who question the dangers of global warming. When a journal publishes a skeptic’s paper, the scientists e-mail one another to ignore it. They focus instead on retaliation against the journal and the editor, a project that is breezily added to the agenda of their next meeting: “Another thing to discuss in Nice!”
    More at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/01/science/01tier.html

2. Default

I like how this comes right before they are about to install a carbon tax. These scientists are a disgrace to their profession.

EDIT: Here is a link for the Emails http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5171...FOI2009.zip%29

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    I like how this comes right before they are about to install a carbon tax. These scientists are a disgrace to their profession.

EDIT: Here is a link for the Emails http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5171...FOI2009.zip%29
    I dled and was just going through those emails, it's really ridiculous how blatant they are about covering things up, there are entire conversations about omitting findings that contradict the point they are trying to make. They outcast researchers and find ways to screw with their credibility if they have non CO2 theories. And it's all crazy because we're the ones paying for this, it's our tax money that is being used and, like Anex said, now they want a global tax on top of that.

I know that I might get a lot of hate for this, especially from green liberals but I think that Glenn Beck does a good job summarizing wth is going on with these emails. If you feel like Glenn Beck is not a credible source or are a Beck hater you can easily google all this and you will find dozens of news articles confirming everything he says in this video. Gotta love Glenn Beck.
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

&If some are too lazy to and/or can't dl the emails/docs you can see them here without dling the whole thing using a torrent:http://junkscience.com/FOIA/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lovely Ritta View Post
    I dled and was just going through those emails, it's really ridiculous how blatant they are about covering things up, there are entire conversations about omitting findings that contradict the point they are trying to make. They outcast researchers and find ways to screw with their credibility if they have non CO2 theories. And it's all crazy because we're the ones paying for this, it's our tax money that is being used and, like Anex said, now they want a global tax on top of that.

I know that I might get a lot of hate for this, especially from green liberals but I think that Glenn Beck does a good job summarizing wth is going on with these emails. If you feel like Glenn Beck is not a credible source or are a Beck hater you can easily google all this and you will find dozens of news articles confirming everything he says in this video. Gotta love Glenn Beck.
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

&If some are too lazy to and/or can't dl the emails/docs you can see them here without dling the whole thing using a torrent:http://junkscience.com/FOIA/
    Whether he is right or not he is still annoying as fuck.

His arrogance and constant attacks against the left is the same reason I don't watch the Daily Show for their obvious bias against the right.

5. Default

i hate the left but i hate Glenn Beck. He's destroying the rep on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

6. Default

People who follow these political parties are sheep. There is no right political party. Just fucking $$$ to fatten their pockets. Politicians know nothing of war or the economy or the blue collar workers. They are just business men in suits who please to special interest groups. Fuck off with that right wing, left wing bullshit. People don't know how to use their minds anymore.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

7. Default

@Loka: Some people do, they're called independents.

This thread isn't even supposed to be about Glenn Beck (thus the disclaimer-style statement) it's supposed to be about those hacked emails, and in terms of those emails Glenn is absolutely right.

Glen Beck offers A LOT more news than the current media gives you. If the media was not too busy slobbering the balls of the democratic party, a lot of people would wake up and realize how bad of shape our country is really in. hell, even SNL got it right with the Obama chinese skit.

I say points for Beck. He knew and is showing that the "Global Warming" idiots are a joke. Where's Al Gore? Where is he now? It's a big scam and it just got busted. Man made global warming is and always was bullshit. Stupid liberals.

If you people would do a little research in to the central banks and Rothschild you'd realize that Beck is correct but only scratching the surface. We bicker issues. Leftists blame Bush, conservatives blame Clinton etc. Obama is just another stooge of the central banks. Not that he wants to be but because he is forced. This GW treaty will be the end of American soveirgnty. United we stand divided we fall.We keep fighting about isues that are moot. Teabaggers feel this from the gut. Don't be a duschbagger.
    Last edited by Lovely Ritta; 12-04-2009 at 01:26 AM.

8. Default

I hate to bust your bubble, but thanks to those two retarded parties, you can't even call yourself Independent on a voting ballot anymore. Then, you had both parties head hunt you for your side and your vote.

Honestly, this country severely tanked since the fiasco back in September 2008. That happened under a rightists watch. Too bad the two douche bags that ran for president are the two douche bags I never wanted to see in office at all.

Who cares about global warming. The World will end when it ends.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Who cares about global warming. The World will end when it ends.
    That's quite inspirational.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    That's quite inspirational.
    Loka is just full of joy and inspiration.