Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard admin abuse

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    you don't know the issue R-tard. you're 100% ignorant on the entire thing. and I Don't need 2 explain it 2 you. as I stated above, ill respect zero's decision. this has nothing to do with you, plz quit trying 2 make yourself involved.
    Don't get defensive.

I'm not calling you out as an idiot, here.

2. Default

like come on, christmas.. I love ya man! but you don't know a single thing about this issue, so you trying 2 get involved is just pointless. sitting here saying " you cant do this or that" constantly when you don't know wtf you're going on about is just pointless.

if you want 2 tackle a issue, go here

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2366

and ask why this ban was not turned over for there being 0 evidence.

or ask why ducky was perma bannd also, with no demo just "he mic spammd"

PERMA BANS
    "This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community" direct quote from the rules zero wrote.

I think it's fair 2 say that he " beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community"
    Last edited by maynard; 12-03-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

like come on, christmas.. I love ya man! but you don't know a single thing about this issue, so you trying 2 get involved is just pointless. sitting here saying " you cant do this or that" constantly when you don't know wtf you're going on about is just pointless.

if you want 2 tackle a issue, go here

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2366

and ask why this ban was not turned over for there being 0 evidence.

or ask why ducky was perma bannd also, with no demo just "he mic spammd"

PERMA BANS
    "This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community" direct quote from the rules zero wrote.

I think it's fair 2 say that he " beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community"
    Hmm seems like your makeing up your own rules. No were in the rules is there an ex-admin to be ban for stuff he did. It seem like you ban him because you don't like him. HMMM. Seems this isn't the first time either.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

4. Default

Good god it's spelled "to," "too," or "two."

But anyways -- IMO Perma ban was out of the question. You forgot to take into account the second line of the rule:

PERMA BAN
    ""This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community"
    Stay away from perma bans unless 1) they are obviously using hacks and you record a demo of them doing it, or 2) they are causing the server to crash or are seriously compromising the server in some way (with a demo). The fact that he was being a general douche does not allow you to ban him permanently. Leave it to Zero to ban people retroactively and don't take it into your own hands; it's not your place to do such things.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    Hmm seems like your makeing up your own rules. No were in the rules is there an ex-admin to be ban for stuff he did. It seem like you ban him because you don't like him. HMMM. Seems this isn't the first time either.
    making up my own rules? it's a direct quote from the rules section in the forum Lmfao way 2 fail. maybe you should actually try reading the rules, cause clearly you have not. no shit I don't like him. grats, sherlock holmes... you cracked the obvious case! I'm pretty sure when I said I'm "disgusted" with him, that was a rather clear indication.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS View Post
    Good god it's spelled "to," "too," or "two."

But anyways -- IMO Perma ban was out of the question. You forgot to take into account the second line of the rule:

Stay away from perma bans unless 1) they are obviously using hacks and you record a demo of them doing it, or 2) they are causing the server to crash or are seriously compromising the server in some way (with a demo). The fact that he was being a general douche does not allow you to ban him permanently. Leave it to Zero to ban people retroactively and don't take it into your own hands; it's not your place to do such things.
    based on the rules that zero wrote and are currently being used, I have rights 2 my claim. but as I said, I'm not interested in the opinion of ppl who don't know anything about this issue.

and yes, it is in an admins place 2 ban ppl who deserve it or are hacking or whatever... hence the entire point of being admin. zero comes on damn near never, if we waited for zero 2 remove every hacker, and or spammer, or server crasher then nothing would ever happen. as I said 2 christmas... if you need an issue 2 tackle, go look into the 2 ppl that chibby perma bannd. 1 for mic spamming once and the other guy did nothing wrong what so ever. chibby just doesn't like him, hence the 15 second long demo of him shooting someone through a wall cause the guy had been going 2 the exact same spot every round the entire game.
    Last edited by maynard; 12-04-2009 at 01:05 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Unless he was hacking, glitching, or exploiting, you have no rights to your claim provided you perma-banned him (wasn't it only for five minutes?).

If the guy is honestly still being a menace to the server then you should ban him based on the appropriate punishment. A perma ban is not appropriate for anything other than hacking, certain glitching, and certain exploits unless the clan members decide on it. (NYS I believe can back me up on this considering I have seen him say this a couple times, if not then I will retract that last statement).

Autumn was in huge trouble for doing the same thing with Walter (granted Walter wasn't as bad as Chibby) and I believe her admin was taken away as a result.

Also why aren't YOU taking issue with the demo if you saw it? I normally don't view demos and therfore I don't have much opinion to vote on the merit of the claim that the person was in fact hacking. However in this thread I have enough information to know that he did not deserve a perma ban (based on the fact you admitted you banned him for his actions while having admin, none of those being on the list of offenses that require a permanent ban) in this case.

In fact, the sentence after what you quoted is the most important here:

III. Perma bans
    This is the highest punishment a player can receive. It can only be granted by a relatively small number of Upper Level Admins. Perma bans usually require a demo but always require that the player in question, beyond a reasonable doubt, committed an offense against the server and or community. Like any ban these can be applied but require a 2/3 majority vote from ALL upper level admins. If the ban appeal is denied it can NEVER be made again.
    You didn't abuse, so don't think I believe you are an admin abuser. It just seems from the facts provided the wrong punishment was handed out.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Unless he was hacking, glitching, or exploiting, you have no rights to your claim provided you perma-banned him (wasn't it only for five minutes?).

If the guy is honestly still being a menace to the server then you should ban him based on the appropriate punishment. A perma ban is not appropriate for anything other than hacking, certain glitching, and certain exploits unless the clan members decide on it. (NYS I believe can back me up on this considering I have seen him say this a couple times, if not then I will retract that last statement).

Autumn was in huge trouble for doing the same thing with Walter (granted Walter wasn't as bad as Chibby) and I believe her admin was taken away as a result.

Also why aren't YOU taking issue with the demo if you saw it? I normally don't view demos and therfore I don't have much opinion to vote on the merit of the claim that the person was in fact hacking. However in this thread I have enough information to know that he did not deserve a perma ban (based on the fact you admitted you banned him for his actions while having admin, none of those being on the list of offenses that require a permanent ban) in this case.

christmas... this is the second time you're saying something and it beyond shows you haven't read all my msgs... cause i've already said once that it was a 5 min ban, so this issue could be raised. I knew he would run here QQing and ive made my claim based on our current rule system, and zero can either agree or not, I await his choice. I also can't think of a reason 2 provide a demo seeing how zero was on when all this went down and knows already (explained in previous msg...) what I did is just. if zero is going 2 allow him 2 keep the lvls he stole from the server by exploiting it, which you just said "or exploiting" and he was... then that's complete bull shit. his lvl should be reset 2 zero(no pun).

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

Maynard, you should just PM Zero considering there has been numerous issues of Chibby on WCS while he was admin for a short time. Also considering ZERO did tell Chibby his admin was being abused, and it was initially stripped, it would seem the smart thing to do is to PM ZERO to see what he wants to do with Chibby regarding the WCS server.

Only a few people know what happened, so you might want to plead the case, of how the rules of: committed an offense against the server and or community. Since Chibby abused his admin to give cash to allow several players to cheat into leveling up possibly 300 levels in a matter of hours.

So again, PM ZERO.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

based on the rules that zero wrote and are currently being used, I have rights 2 my claim. but as I said, I'm not interested in the opinion of ppl who don't know anything about this issue.
    1) The issue is you abusing your admin powers, which based on the information provided so far, I think you did.
    2) If you're not interested in my opinion, why address it?
    3) It doesn't matter if you care about the opinion of someone who don't know anything about the issue. You don't have the final say in this.

and yes, it is in an admins place 2 ban ppl who deserve it or are hacking or whatever... hence the entire point of being admin. zero comes on damn near never, if we waited for zero 2 remove every hacker, and or spammer, or server crasher then nothing would ever happen.
    It is not your place to ban people for things they've done while an admin. You did not ban him for something he did while on the server with you present, but banned him for things he had done in the past once he was stripped of his powers. Also, based on the information provided it seems as though you were getting revenge, meaning you were biased in your decision. Zero is the mediator in this issue, as he is as both objective and he owns the server. Likewise, Chibby was not hacking, spamming, nor crashing the server.

as I said 2 christmas... if you need an issue 2 tackle, go look into the 2 ppl that chibby perma bannd. 1 for mic spamming once and the other guy did nothing wrong what so ever. chibby just doesn't like him, hence the 15 second long demo of him shooting someone through a wall cause the guy had been going 2 the exact same spot every round the entire game.
    This issue is about you. This is not about chibby abusing his admin powers previously.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    Maynard, you should just PM Zero considering there has been numerous issues of Chibby on WCS while he was admin for a short time. Also considering ZERO did tell Chibby his admin was being abused, and it was initially stripped, it would seem the smart thing to do is to PM ZERO to see what he wants to do with Chibby regarding the WCS server.

Only a few people know what happened, so you might want to plead the case, of how the rules of: committed an offense against the server and or community. Since Chibby abused his admin to give cash to allow several players to cheat into leveling up possibly 300 levels in a matter of hours.

So again, PM ZERO.
    I know I know..... it's just when someone calls you out on admin abuse you need 2 defend yourself. but yes ill take this 2 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy