Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OMGBEARS application for clan members (giggity)

1. Default OMGBEARS application for clan members (giggity)

Joseph Brenneman

In game Name:

OMGBEARS

Weapons of Choice:

On Zombie Mod: P90/P228 combo.

On PUB I prefer an AK47/Deagle combo although recently I've been warming up to the AWP since starting to play ESEA.

On WCS: P90/Deagle combo for small maps. AK47/Deagle for larger maps.

On GG I prefer the nade. *wink wink*

Maps:

My favorite ZMod map would have to be a tie between zm_tx_highschoolbeta7 and zm_420_beachstrike_b2 with an honorary mention for zm_desert_fortress_v2.

For PUB it would be have to be a tie between d_dust2 and d_inferno.

WCS I like crackhouse, and nipperhouse- but my favorite is office07.

GG any of the deagle maps will do just fine.

Reason for App:

I see the IBIS clan as a place for great gamers. I have a great deal of respect for IBIS and its members, and really want to see the exploits of the clan grow in both quantity and quality. I love the servers and the people, so it compelled me to apply for clan membership.

Experience:

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember. From the very beginning playing games on my original Nintendo and SNES I've never been able to get enough. I began playing MMORPG's in 1997 at the age of 11 (lulz) on a little-known game called NexusTK (it's actually still around). I helped found one of the early clans on that game which still is around today (over 12 years later). I graduated to "grown-up" MMO's with UO in mid 99' on Sonoma and quickly got wrapped up into the entire guild/clan structure. I eventually led my own portion of the over 200-member guild consisting of about 60-75 members at any one time. I organized events, led meetings and trained newbies in PvP and whatnot. It was a good time.

During this time I fell out of the FPS genre for a bit. I played the original Tribes and Tribes2 and started the HALO series around this time, but in general kept to the MMORPG's. I played a lot of RTS's very early on starting with Total Annihilation and Starcraft. Diablo was my first RPG. When I went to college in 2004 my room mate got me into WoW and that's where I still am in the MMO-community. I started on Darkspear in vanilla, went to Malorne at the end of BC and now am on Shadowmoon. I GM'd a US top-100 guild on Malorne for almost 7 months before calling it quits and moving to a more "casual" (as in no more 100 hour weeks playing the game and managing crap) pace. I went to Shadowmoon and joined Conspiracy, another US top-100 guild, a few months ago. I also started working at Gamestop at this time (super-nerd ftw). Having just got my steam account about 5 months ago, I started playing CSS almost immediately and almost prolifically on the STFU zombie escape that thepwned runs. After getting tired and fed up with escape maps I floated around a bit on pubs until I found the IBIS zombie mod.

The first night I was in there I was noobing it up pretty seriously, but enjoyed a great conversation with Kavinsky, Damion and a few others. It wasn't like other zombie mods or even other servers period. Most of the late night crew were not only very good at what they did but also not the scum of the earth idiot 12-year-olds who mic spam. There were times when people would go on rampages and mic spam, cade break, etc VERY late at night (when Damion and I were on a lot) and so we both decided to purchase admin. A few months later and here I am!

I've just recently started to play as an ESEA regular on their servers. ESEA a professional 1.6/CSS/TF2 website that hosts tournaments, pugs, professional 1.6/CSS/TF2 players, and offers people a highly competative and consistent environment to enjoy those games in. Similar to steam servers, but you have to pay monthly to play on these servers. I mainly play with a good friend of mine who got me into it. Mostly I'm on the PUG now if I'm not on ZMod or raiding, however.

I just got into Assassin's creed. I've played through most of the Elder Scrolls Series, including Oblivion (about 200 hours played on that game alone). BFBC2 is amazing, and is one of the most fun FPS I've ever played. SC2 is always a great time, and I've been trying to get better at it. Day9 and Husky are daily watching for me anymore. I've played a TON of games so if you ever want to know more about my gaming history just ask!

Contact Info:

My email is Fribain at gmail.com (with the @ but I don't want bots to fish it up). My steam account name is Danamoth (I'm on there as OMGBEARS, however). Feel free to contact me here on the forums, too.

About me:

I'm a 24 year old musician from Lima, Ohio. I graduated from Capital University with a Bachelors in Music in 2008. I moved to Columbus, Ohio in 2004 to begin college and have stuck around because of an overly long (and coincidentally cheap) apartment contract. I aim to go to graduate school in the next year and I've been looking at Arizona State University, Univsersity of Southern California, and the Cincinnati Institute of Music to meet that goal. I play music professionally and am the Sax player in a Ska Band as well as a Country band when I'm not gaming/working. I hate country, though.

To sum it all up I've been doing everything competitively and aiming to be the best at everything I do for as long as I remember. I want to bring this to the IBIS community. I also hope to gain access to the inside of a great group of people and potential friends as I develop as a gamer, and in general shoot the breeze as I get boom headshots, etc.
    Last edited by OMGBEARS; 01-20-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Updated to be more relevant.

the bears smell the menstruation!
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

3. Default

That's an impressive application.

There's no point in wishing you luck though, because there's a 99.9% chance that you will not be accepted, in case you haven't picked up on that from people who applied 3 years ago and are still waiting.

Do you have any of your Sax playings online?

4. Default

You're always so negative Walter..

Bears is cool. He's one of the better new admins, along with Matrix and Damion.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

Spiele in sie pub.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    You're always so negative Walter..

Bears is cool. He's one of the better new admins, along with Matrix and Damion.
    I know he is and I'm not trying to be negative; this is just reality.

7. Default

Just to let you know Bears you have a long time to wait for acceptance.

This year's members have already been decided, and the next batch won't be decided (provided there are enough worthy candidates) until next year.

8. Default

Good luck.

^^

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

9. Default

All I have is time. I'm a pretty patient guy!

EDIT -- And I don't have anything up on the web, yet. I'll work on that, though.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by walterbrunswick View Post
    I'm not trying to be negative; this is just reality.
    I beg to differ.

Now let's not start spamming Bear's application. Good luck Bears, and I'm glad your patient.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.