Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't the pub show up.

1. Default

Also I am starting to wonder if I should replace the stats on all of the servers with hlstatsx http://hlstatsx.com/about

While we have used psychostats for years we actually used hlstatsx before that and had to stop becuase it was not compatible with our host. Maybe I should try it on the pub server and see if switching stats programs helps as the biggest benefit of hlstatsx is that it is in REAL TIME.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Also I am starting to wonder if I should replace the stats on all of the servers with hlstatsx http://hlstatsx.com/about

While we have used psychostats for years we actually used hlstatsx before that and had to stop becuase it was not compatible with our host. Maybe I should try it on the pub server and see if switching stats programs helps as the biggest benefit of hlstatsx is that it is in REAL TIME.

I remember when we had hlstatsx and honestly It was my favorite of the stat systems, unfortunatly back then about the time we got rid of it, it was causing massive lag and issues in the servers, however, if you think that it would be rectified then I would love for it to be reimplemented.

Listen well. Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me. Though you believe nothing else, you may rest your faith in this.

3. Default

ZERO I think we need to focus on getting people to have fun in the PUB.

with REAL TIME stats, its just gonna be another rank whore fest like in ZM.

everyone is gonna be busy ranking up and not having fun.

I say after the PUB becomes stable again like before where people are buying reserved slots. than we can switch to real time stats.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

That was why I was thinking of implementing it as it would encourage people to play on it and help attract new users. Also with hlstatsx I could have the server show up in their list so people looking for rank servers can find it.

5. Default

ZERO, that should not be the priority.

The pub needs to have more players in it, and the best possible solution to that is to implement bots that actually play the game with you until a specific amount of players are in the game.

It is tiresome to see the pub say 13/21 or something and not have a single player in the map when viewing the server info. That NEEDS to be changed ASAP.
    Last edited by Christmas; 12-05-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    ZERO, that should not be the priority.

The pub needs to have more players in it, and the best possible solution to that is to implement bots that actually play the game with you until a specific amount of players are in the game.

It is tiresome to see the pub say 13/21 or something and not have a single player in the map when viewing the server info. That NEEDS to be changes ASAP.
    I like your idea ZERO and definitely think it should be implemented again (or at least try). But like Christmas said, packing the server first should be a pretty high priority...and bots are an extremely good idea.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]

7. Default

i think that the number of bots is way too high. if it was, llike, 5 instead of 13, it'd be easier for people to see when others are on. (instead of 14 people needed to show up in the server list, 6 would be needed to prove there are people on)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    It's because you're not wanted on either of those servers.
    Funny how people say otherwise.

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I like your idea ZERO and definitely think it should be implemented again (or at least try). But like Christmas said, packing the server first should be a pretty high priority...and bots are an extremely good idea.
    A long, long time ago when I found a GG server (Like the first month I had CS:S) I would play there every once in awhile with a couple friends of mine, and we would usually be playing against bots. There would be 5 bots and one player, and as someone joined, one bot was removed, and so forth until there was 6 actual players. Though Zero might want to set it so AWPs are restricted until there are 4 players on each team or something.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    A long, long time ago when I found a GG server (Like the first month I had CS:S) I would play there every once in awhile with a couple friends of mine, and we would usually be playing against bots. There would be 5 bots and one player, and as someone joined, one bot was removed, and so forth until there was 6 actual players. Though Zero might want to set it so AWPs are restricted until there are 4 players on each team or something.
    Also a good idea man. Good thinkin.
    ZOMBIE [ibis.a]