"Hi, im a regular Starcraft player. I got a new monitor that uses a resolution of 1280 by 1024. For most games that are recent enough have a section where i can change the resolution. But Starcraft doesn't as far as i know. This would not normally be a problem, i would just play with worse graphics than i am capable of. But this bright green message keeps coming up every 60 seconds on my screen whenever i launch the game. It tells me to change my resolution to 1280 by 1024 for best quality. I cannot play a game of such complexity like Starcraft with this message continuously popping up.

I had this problem before with Diablo2 (another relatively old game)and the only way to fix it is to make Diablo2 into a window (you add -w to the "Start in") and play like that. I tried that for Starcraft and it did not work. Someone told me the -w was created just for Diablo2 so people with large screens can run it.

My question is how can i continue to play the game i love without having to use another monitor?

-ManBearPig"

What i posted on the Starcraft Forum. But if you guys have any ideas about it can u post ur ideas.