Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All activity delayed 2.5 weeks

1. Default

In Kentucky, maybe I could fine a 9000 series for 500$... fuck that also it has to be a 260 and finding that here and the 55nm version can not happen.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    As far as delays this means that regular operations will be slowed and that there will be no major server updates for a minimum of 3 weeks.

My grafix card has now broken and will require a $300+ replacement

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

My grafix card has now broken and will require a $300+ replacement

In Kentucky, maybe I could fine a 9000 series for 500$... fuck that also it has to be a 260 and finding that here and the 55nm version can not happen.

Considering that I spent all of my money that I saved for over 5 years on this thing that is pretty fucking sad.

fuck why is computer equipment so damn expensive? and zero youre crazy (<3) for spending that much money on computer equipment. that goes for anybody else here that is spending that kind of money on a computer ..
    anyways, good luck zero. hope you can get it all straightened out man.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

4. Default

tis' the season of bills, breakages and delays so no surprises here.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

That is why I am going to replace it with a cheaper unit becuase the 300 series comes out in the spring and then I can just use the card as a ppu.

Also think of it this way if you got a ferrari and it was hit by a meteor was it a bad investment. No as there was nothing that could be done about the meteor. If you had bought something else it could also have been blown up and it could also have been ok. There is no way to predict unless you just accept that the thing will break at some point. The only question then is how much use can you squeeze out as quickly as possible. (btw that did actually happen to someones Ferrari)

6. Default

Warranty?
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Warranty?
    I was thinking the same thing pink. That Shit should be still under warranty or atleast check on it? What brand did you get? Nvidia has pissed me off in the past, thats why i went with ATI this time

8. Default

(btw that did actually happen to someones Ferrari)
    lmao. that guy probably

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

9. Default

hope it was a modern one, not one of the classics, unless it was the cheap as dino 308.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

10. Default

GPU worked and was able to run the css video card test without a problem in my test system. The problem is OS / driver related. I have now ordered win 7 and a 60GB SSD to install a new os. The parts will arrive on Tuesday if they ship tomorrow. Logically I will need to get used to things but I will try to get some server updates out before Friday. On Friday I am leaving the country for vacation for 10 days so there will be no updates during that time. However I should still be able to access internet and do basic admin work as needed. Also today I got a droid and I never imagined the internet was so fast on it! As a result it will be easier for me to keep up to date on the servers ect while on the go (in the states). In a few months I hope to combine these features with an Ion2 system so that I will always have complete control of all of the servers from any location. 2010 is going to be a year of big changes for IBIS and great improvements in quality along with the number of services we will be offering.