Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi, and Help!

1. Default Hi, and Help!

Hey all,

I used to play on your servers, but I was banned one night by accident I think. The admin was telling people to change from fast zombies to something else. I did, but then some other jerk didn't and then suddenly I was banned.

Can you guys undo me?

STEAM_0:1:169165 01:09 83 0 active

thanks, look forward to playing again.

2. Default

They should NOT ban people just because they use the fast.

I'm sure someone will unban you shortly, but do you know who it was that banned you? (By any chance, someone who didn't have Ibis.A in their name and had strange letters?)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Hi Action.

When we play escape maps where the majority have voted against fast zombies, I will fore-warn players at the start of the map to change their classes.

Following, a round or two later, I will be in spec watching for fast. If I see a fast, I will freeze him/her and request (through verbal and text) that they type !zmenu and change to a non-fast zombie class. If they heed my request, all is well. If they do not, I ban them from the server for the duration of the map (usually no more than 30 minutes).

I warn players every round by admin say that fast are not allowed, to type !zmenu, and that fast will be banned.

That being said, I don't recall banning you, and if I had done so it wouldn't have been for more than 30 minutes.

And welcome to the forums.

4. Default

It was probably holy shit then who banned you if it wasnt walter, hell on general pricipal you should stay a fast just to piss'em off
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    It was probably holy shit then who banned you if it wasnt walter, hell on general pricipal you should stay a fast just to piss'em off
    You're not helping anyone's case here...

You can't ban fast zombies on every single escape map...that's just stupid
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    You can't ban fast zombies on every single escape map...that's just stupid
    Pretty much. There's no rule written that says fast zombies are not allowed especially on escape maps. If you don't want fast zombies, send a message to ZERO and complain. Otherwise, making degenerate rules about things you don't like is useless. Banning someone for being the wrong class for even 30 minutes is a waste of time.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

8. Default

Walter, don't ban people just because they don't change their class. I can understand freezing, but you should never ban someone for that.

You know what, scratch that.. You shouldn't be banning or freezing fast zombies. Change the map off escape maps and go to a barricade map. They're more entertaining anyways.

Wait until BMT to play escape maps. Then go crazy.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 12-12-2009 at 07:33 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Walter, don't ban people just because they don't change their class. I can understand freezing, but you should never ban someone for that.

You know what, scratch that.. You shouldn't be banning or freezing fast zombies. Change the map off escape maps and go to a barricade map. They're more entertaining anyways.

Wait until BMT to play escape maps. Then go crazy.
    I know what you're saying. I only ban them for the duration because they do not listen, and thus make the map unplayable for the rest of the server.

A lot of people like quite a few of the escape maps (esp. deathstar, jurassic, etc). They can be really fun.

What I'm doing is making the maps playable for humans. Most of the people comply without complaints.

Like I said in another thread, and I believe Rezel told ZERO this... to actually limit the speed of the zombies on a per-map basis.

Anex, OMGBEARS, myself, and a few other admins are in-tune with the players on a day-by-day basis, and we do not enjoy sitting in spec babysitting.

10. Default

yes yes why aren't you mr completely unfathomable.

you still dont get it, its not the fast thats to blame its the fact that no one ever turns around and shoots at them and then they wonder why they get raped up the ass by a fast

on cade maps fasts get shreded like fuck because they HAVE to watch out for them and other zombies while they get there cade up. if people would just start paying attention they wouldnt need you to babysit them.

and how the hell are people going to learn to turn around and shoot at a fast as soon as someone says there is one if you keep holding there hands by forcing people not to be them on escapes?
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.