Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Back with a New Suggestion...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    If you really don't care then its okay then for everyone else to do it to you, on one condition that you arn't allowed to do it lets see how long you last then before whinning, oh wait its fine with you no worries then.
    It's fine with me because it's an obvious use of zspawn. If by enabling zspawn this occurs, then so be it because it's a tradeoff. Creating a rule against it is pointless - how will you know when a player has seen the locations of the humans before spawning unless they themselves admit to it?

Everyone knows the nuke goes as soon as you go down the first step at the top, it aint rocket science. We hear the nuke come in as soon as that happens, unless you think this nuke goes off instantly?
    This is where you're wrong, and you've proved my point because you as a longstanding member don't know exactly how the nuke is triggered. Going down the stairs, or even going down the first step has nothing to do with triggering the nuke. Go towards the rear of the roof (I went above the white canopy), without going under the canopy, and you will trigger the nuke all the same as I inadvertently did. Decompile the map and you'll see.

2. Default

You have missed the point completly.

THE POINT IS YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT EXPLOITING ZSPAWN SYSTEM!

zspawn is for players joining the game to jump straight in, instead of watching paint dry.

You used it too locate Hobo.

If your going to ruin a game like that for someone there wont be anyone left to play on the servers.

If that is the case with ATIX then I stand corrected.

Then again you shouldn't even be up there in the first place!

I think im just gonna decompile it anyway.

I shall most enjoy watching the noob box fill with poisions. I think in the noob box shall contain the following message.

Thanks to Oonyx this map has been fixed by Sir Curdy as a result of Oonyx being in places he wasn't meant to be in. Enjoy the Nuke toddles.

3. Default

zspawn is for players joining the game to jump straight in, instead of watching paint dry.
    If that was the case, then wouldn't zspawn be disabled for someone who's been in the server, for example, for more than 10 or 15 seconds? It's not.

Thanks to Oonyx this map has been fixed by Sir Curdy as a result of Oonyx being in places he wasn't meant to be in. Enjoy the Nuke toddles.
    That's fine with me. I would imagine many maps' shortcomings are found by players being in places where they aren't meant to be.

4. Default

Zspawn is like Ztele I doubt a timer would work. I think removing it is the only real option left, unless this can be fixed.

As for ATIX I think its a problem that needs a solution to now really as well as a lot of other maps do, just need to find that bloody decompiler.

Sorry if I seemed heavy handed, im just annoyed I cant play from Hong Kong.

But I have to admit that was a sneeky exploit you found you cunning bastard

5. Default

I agree with Hobo's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Oonyx View Post
    As for your current banning, what exactly is the purpose of the spawn feature? I joined the game after about 30-45 minutes of being offline and used the zspawn to get you. Where is the rule against this? How can you refer to a rule that doesn't exist?
    Oonyx, don't complain because "it isn't in the rules." A lot of admins are making up their own stupid rules and players are starting to believe them without knowing. Hobo at least has a good reason for banning you.

On a side note, it is in the rules.. It just isn't exactly specified, but I'd put it in the category of exploits. But since it's new, I suppose we should actually be thanking you for discovering it. Anyhow, please don't do it anymore, and happy hunting.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 12-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Curdy, it's not you that's heavy handed in this instance - it was Hobo. It's not as if I plan to use zspawn in that manner again, but Hobo giving me a warning or telling me to not use zspawn like that again would probably have been more effective than a rather pointless ban. I'm fairly certain that if Hobo saw a friend do that, a ban would not have occurred.

On a side note. It IS in the rules. No exploiting.
    The definition of exploiting isn't black and white. I see this as a natural consequence of allowing zspawn, unless of course, you choose to close your eyes before spawning in which case you won't see anything at all. Is it me or is that a bit absurd?
    Last edited by Oonyx; 12-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oonyx View Post
    The definition of exploiting isn't black and white. I see this as a natural consequence of allowing zspawn, unless of course, you choose to close your eyes before spawning in which case you won't see anything at all. Is it me or is that a bit absurd?
    There will always be new exploits and glitches people will discover, and Zero isn't always around to immediately change the rules. Admins do have to make calls every now and again, but if you just happen to spec the last surviving human and then respawn by chance, I can see that it wouldn't be bad. As for reconnecting after already being a zombie, locating a person, and then spawning, only to find them.. Then yeah.. I'd stand by the admin's decision to ban someone for that.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Maybe Hobo was but, just because your okay with it dosen't mean others are with it. I know i wouldn't be cool with it. I like hiding in ZM and if this exploit continues, its like I said earlier it's going to kill the server if it does.

I still stand by Hobo on this one, his argument was sound and solid.

Are we done here, i want to sleep now.

Zzz... Zzz... Zzz...

9. Default

I still stand by Hobo on this one, his argument was sound and solid.

Are we done here, i want to sleep now.

Zzz... Zzz... Zzz...
    Agreed.

And night Curdy.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    As for reconnecting after already being a zombie, locating a person, and then spawning, only to find them.. Then yeah.. I'd stand by the admin's decision to ban someone for that.
    This is not the correct sequence of events. I was offline doing some work for some time. I joined in the round and had seen where hobo was hiding before spawning, and approached him. At this point he got upset and banned me.