Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Back with a New Suggestion...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oonyx View Post
    This is not the correct sequence of events. I was offline doing some work for some time. I joined in the round and had seen where hobo was hiding before spawning, and approached him. At this point he got upset and banned me.
    I wasn't saying you did it on purpose, I wasn't there. But I'm saying it is possible. You were just the one who brought it to everyone's attention.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Oonyx this is getting old very quickly, and I grow tired of this.

so accept this, in the eyes of everyone it is an exploit

you just tried to defend your action for the last page or two now your claiming another excuses for your actons. Trying to deny you even done this intentionally is to be honest an insult to our intelligence let this be the end of it.
    Last edited by Curdy; 12-19-2009 at 01:24 PM.

3. Default

No one is forcing you to participate Curdy. You can go to sleep.

All I see is a debate between myself and others on how this can be considered an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    Trying to deny you even done this intentionally is to be honest an insult to our intelligence let this be the end of it.
    I've never denied that the I was able to find Hobo intentionally, so please do use your intelligence to read posts carefully.
    Last edited by Oonyx; 12-19-2009 at 01:45 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oonyx View Post
    No one is forcing you to participate Curdy. You can go to sleep.

All I see is a debate between myself and others on how this can be considered an exploit.
    People who see it as an exploit. > People who do not see it as an exploit.

Zero can decide if banning people for using this is wrong or not. Until then, if it continues happening, admins will probably follow Hobo's example.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

Deeming this an exploit and giving admins power to ban over it is problematic, to say the least for the following reason.

An admin cannot distinguish between someone who uses zspawn and:
    A. Had intentionally spotted a human beforehand
    B. Who had happened by chance to see the location of a human before spawning
    C. Who did not know the location of a human before spawning but happened to find them afterwards as a zombie.

Essentially, this would allow an admin to ban any one who spawned and then tagged or found a human.

6. Default

The fact that you are still continuing to argue and STILL find ways to justify your actions as acceptable is beginning to annoy me.

You spectated me
    You respawned
    You uncovered my position
    You got me turned

It is a part of ghosting. Anyone with half a brain can see that this would be remotely wrong.

Oonyx, you know ZER0. Think about it this way, if you did that to ZER0 as you would do to me and he found out about it, what would ZER0 do?

Hint: Probably a much more worse sentence than my 2 hours.

Stop trying to justify that your actions was acceptable. Despite it not being in the rules, you should have some conscience to realize, "Hey, I probably shouldn't do this...especially to an old regular and an admin".

Again, if you cannot see your actions as being wrong, then by golly you need some fucking help.

ZER0, you do not need to make an official ruling of this. Just remove the zspawn feature.

End of discussion.
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

7. Default

You're the only person arguing against it being an exploit. The people who have argued that it is, indeed, an exploit are either admins or very established and well respected regulars who have been admins in the past.

I'm pretty firmly in the camp that the zspawn system was not supposed to be used to find humans that would not have otherwise been found. There's really no satisfactory argument to explain why you should be able to use the system to do that. Absolutely none.

The zspawn system is a bad idea to put in for this very reason. You cannot trust people won't abuse it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    The fact that you are still continuing to argue and STILL find ways to justify your actions as acceptable is beginning to annoy me.
    I can't do that anything about your being annoyed and that's really of little concern to me, but as long as this feature is available, it's a natural consequence whether or not it's done intentionally.

You respawned
    Again, I did not respawn. This was the first time I played in that round.

what would ZER0 do?
    Fix the spawn feature to limit its use, but I'm fairly certain Zero thought of this when he enabled spawn.

9. Default

I can conclude that Oonyx is a sly little fucker who's been on the server long enough to know the rules and the basic "What is right and what is wrong" ideas. I am finished discussing this with you for now because I have to go for a while.

I, instead, will allow other people to come forth and express their opinions about it.

As for your last point. You are truly trying to be sly by responding to such a rhetorical question. And if you say that "It was a rhetorical question?", then you are indeed full of shit.

Good-bye for now.

P.S. I don't normally swear often in my posts but Oonyx deserves it. So I apologize for anyone being offended by my remarks (other than Oonyx)
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

10. Default

Zmod isn't hide and go seek.

The entire point is for the zombies to get to the humans and try to break their cades and tag them. Whether or not a zombie knows where you are should be irrelevant.

If you are in a spot where you don't want to be seen then you should pick a different spot, because I cannot stand having to wait six minutes while the zombies run around looking for a human who is trying to hide in some random spot.

Once again, not hide and go seek.