Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Back with a New Suggestion...

1. Default Back with a New Suggestion...

REMOVE THE ABILITY TO RESPAWN!!!!!!

It allows players to go spectate to find a specific person, then reconnect, then respawn in as a zombie. I just learned about this just now and I know that is entirely troublesome because people WILL exploit that.

/rant

Also, I've banned Oonyx for 2 hours because he just used that exploit to locate me. He also thinks he can insult my intelligence by the remarks he said about being a zombie and that's his job (i.e. changing the subject at hand).

What he did was after he connected IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROUND spawn in and just sit on my head and just sat there. He may be stupid not to realize that my position is given away by the radar and it just ruins my hiding spot.

Today I had to deal with him because I caught him prenuking and I for one think that he knows these rules but just doesn't like to follow them...or just tormenting all the admins because he thinks all admins are not that observant on the shit he pulls.

He has been on the server for quite some time now...at least 6 months and he should know the rules by now.

Oonyx if you are reading this, I will no doubt be very harsh to you, in regards to ban sentences, because I've dealt with you prior to school and finding you pretty much the same now.

Oonyx connected
    Timmy Walnuts : !ztele
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for Oonyx (STEAM_0:1:20120445).
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for Oonyx (STEAM_0:1:20120445).
    WTF BOOM connected
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for WTF BOOM (STEAM_0:0:11532463).
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for WTF BOOM (STEAM_0:0:11532463).
    DarkScar : !ztele
    Pink Fuzzball of Doom <ibis.a> : walter you getting Zombies killed
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: because he doesnt know his place as a kid
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: who's beacon?
    Performance warning: Mark bone 'ValveBiped.Bip01_R_Hand' in model 'player\techknow\zombie_torso\torso.mdl' as being used by bone merge in the .qc!
    Sniper killed DarkScar with m249.
    [LMC] Touhou connected
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for [LMC] Touhou (STEAM_0:1:19563045).
    [SteamBans.com] No positive match found for [LMC] Touhou (STEAM_0:1:19563045).
    Kr@zy Simon killed Thelastmarine with deagle.
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: oonyx
    2JZ_USMC killed |ƒσχ| ROBIN THE LION with elite.
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: i swear if you tag me im going to be seriously pissed off
    Player WTF BOOM was autokicked for breaking the 175ms ping limit on this server
    Pink Fuzzball of Doom <ibis.a> : we cant win that way...
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: probably ban you because what you did is illegal
    Get ADMIN now by typing !admin to find out more!
    Oonyx : why would you be pissed off for me playing the game
    |ƒσχ| ROBIN THE LION voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    DarkScar voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    [LMC] Touhou voted zm_panic
    TheJapaneseFool voted zm_tropical_panic_v1
    Walter LETHAL WEAPON ibis.a voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Sniper voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: what you did oonyx is give my position away
    Kr@zy Simon voted zm_panic
    J.P voted zm_panic
    |Kg¹|Zero Harmony voted zm_tropical_panic_v1
    Ckdowain voted zm_horror_hotel
    Doggystyle voted zm_tropical_panic_v1
    - |STFU Bitch| - ESTYEFYU voted zm_panic
    IplaywithmyselfALLLTHETIME voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    [Bomb]weborgs voted zm_tropical_panic_v1
    TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    XXX-Cyrex-XXX voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Warlord Zsinj voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    theadore voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Jim Halpert voted zm_panic
    Pink Fuzzball of Doom <ibis.a> voted zm_panic
    Timmy Walnuts voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    D.U.I. voted zm_panic
    Fancy Rabbitt voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    TheJapaneseFool : !ztele
    John Dorian voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Oonyx : i'm a zombie if you didn't notice - that's my job
    [ZOMBIE] Humans have killed all the zombies.. for now.
    Psycho : BAN 'IM
    Killer Psycho still has 1695 hp left
    Psycho killed TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid with zombie_claws_of_death.
    [ZOMBIE] You are now a zombie. Eat some brains!
    Psycho zombified TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid
    Playing music/Ravenholm_1.mp3 ( 28.0 seconds )
    Ajax voted zm_panic
     DmgGiven v1.0 You will be shown Damage Given on screen  www.Source-Powered.com[Source Radio] Type !radio to bring up the radio menu
    [Source Radio] Type !radiooff to switch the radio off
    Playing music/HL2_song27_trainstation2.mp3 ( 71.0 seconds )
    [SM Parachute] You have got a free parachute to use it press E while falling.
    Thelastmarine voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    [XC] Kavinsky voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    [ZOMBIE] ZombieMod is enabled, run for your lives, the game is HUMANS vs. ZOMBIES.
    Psycho voted zm_horror_hotel
    m voted zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Results are in, 29 votes cast
    Option 'zm_vehiclecenter_b3' has won the vote
    SetConVar: No such cvar ( mani_nextmap set to zm_vehiclecenter_b3), skipping
    The next map will be zm_vehiclecenter_b3
    Oonyx : i was a zombie hobo - that's my job
    (ADMIN) Walter LETHAL WEAPON ibis.a: Brb pizza is here.
    John Dorian : PUT THIS IN YOUR CONSOLE (BIND "ANY KEY" "SCREAM") W/O ()
    To view chat commands type !commands in chat
    DarkScar killed Oonyx with zombie_claws_of_death.
    DarkScar zombified Oonyx
    Oonyx killed IplaywithmyselfALLLTHETIME with zombie_claws_of_death.
    Oonyx zombified IplaywithmyselfALLLTHETIME
    (ADMIN) TheLittlestH0B0 | ibis.alyid: banned player Oonyx
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

2. Default

I don't really care to discuss the prenuke, as I explained my mistake of assuming that the only place that could trigger the nuke in ATIX helicopter was below the stairs, and I was ready to accept a punishment for that mistake. I stepped into the area behind and above the canopy and that suprisingly triggered the nuke as well. Do you think I'm stupid and would really do that intentionally? I just wanted to hide and get humans after they had gone below the stairs.

As for your current banning, what exactly is the purpose of the spawn feature? I joined the game after about 30-45 minutes of being offline and used the zspawn to get you. Where is the rule against this? How can you refer to a rule that doesn't exist?

He also thinks he can insult my intelligence by the remarks he said about being a zombie and that's his job (i.e. changing the subject at hand)
    Your vague statements conveniently didn't specify any subject or accusation.
    Last edited by Oonyx; 12-19-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Inserted missing word.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oonyx View Post
    and I was ready to accept a punishment for that mistake.
    Which was why somehow you've manage to avoid a 1 day ban by coming back an hour later and playing. If you were going to accept the punishment, I would have seen you 24 hours after.

The second ban (2 hours) I've already explained. It is the fact you connected...possibly reconnected after spectating me, just to find me at my hiding spot IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. The fact that you've decided to just sit on MY head and not anyone else suggest you wanted to ruin my enjoyment - by having me caught - because of the earlier ban I gave you.

This is why this issue of respawning needs to be solved soon or else we would get exploiters like Oonyx.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Which was why somehow you've manage to avoid a 1 day ban by coming back an hour later and playing. If you were going to accept the punishment, I would have seen you 24 hours after.
    Fallacious argument. You must have specified the ban to be only one hour, and I connected to see if you had changed your mind on what I assumed to be a one day ban. But again, if you hadn't your mind I would have been ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    The second ban (2 hours) I've already explained. It is the fact you connected...possibly reconnected after spectating me, just to find me at my hiding spot IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. The fact that you've decided to just sit on MY head and not anyone else suggest you wanted to ruin my enjoyment - by having me caught - because of the earlier ban I gave you.

This is why this issue of respawning needs to be solved soon or else we would get exploiters like Oonyx.
    I would have done the same to anyone else in that spot - you're not special, and there's no rule prohibiting spawning in the middle of the round. I often don't tag people and just play around as long as they're not shooting at me.

You said that what I did was "probably illegal." Please do cite a rule for your conjecture as I've seen many players spawn or even respawn without receving any punishment whatsoever.

5. Default

You are right oonyx. There are no official rules against it. But let's just break down, once again, what you've just done.

Connect to the server
    Spec someone that's hiding
    Respawn
    Uncover his position

If you do not see anything wrong with that then you are just plain dumb.

Ever tried looking into Server Rules 1.5 in the forums? Go under Ghosting. Figure out the general point of that ruling and compare it to what you are doing. No doubt there are similarities to ghosting and your respawning.

If you cannot even see that, then you need to learn some basic etiquette or else I will suggest banning you for a long time until you learn how to play nice.

6. Default

I have to agree with Hobo on this Oonyx. The respawn exploit as Hobo has just decribed just now seems like another form of ghosting, it may not be a rule as such but think about if someone pulled that shit on you.

And dont say you would be cool with because that would be

COW BOY BULLSHIT.

And also Oonyx you played ATIX enough fucking times to know when the nuke is triggered.
    Last edited by Curdy; 12-19-2009 at 05:37 AM.

7. Default

oonyx is just playing stoopid and oonyx the pokemon was even dumber just a pile of rocks with eyes

8. Default

WAIT you can zspawn?

As for using it to uncover the position of humans, I'm completely against that. As Hobo stated that's pretty clearly ghosting. Pretty much anything that allows you to find humans without either hearing them, seeing them , or stumbling into them, is ghosting.

You should have known that it would be a very fishy thing to do!

9. Default

Ghosting is the use of outside programs or another person. Respawn makes the ability to see what's going on inherent in the game itself. It's a quite obvious use which I'm sure was thought of before it was enabled.

Moreover this is a really a case of uneven enforcement. If you want to ban this practice, shouldn't you or other admins have taken action against other players doing the same thing? The only time any action was taken was this instance, in order to serve a personal vendetta (Hobo seemed quite upset after I was able to come back before a day).

...but think about if someone pulled that shit on you
    It has happened to me, but I didn't care one iota to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    And also Oonyx you played ATIX enough fucking times to know when the nuke is triggered.
    Really? Ask longstanding players how to trigger the nuke on that map and I'll bet most of them say "by going down the stairs" as I had assumed.
    Last edited by Oonyx; 12-19-2009 at 11:50 AM.

10. Default

If you really don't care then its okay then for everyone else to do it to you, on one condition that you arn't allowed to do it lets see how long you last then before whinning, oh wait its fine with you no worries then.

Everyone knows the nuke goes as soon as you go down the first step at the top, it aint rocket science. We hear the nuke come in as soon as that happens, unless you think this nuke goes off instantly?

Do I have to decompile this map now and fix this pre nuke problem now.

It is rather tempting maybe I could add a trigger that teleports any pre nuker to the noob box for instant death.

Also I am a long time reg Oonyx I know the map all to well