Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hl2.exe failure

1. Default

i get this error as well its not very annoying but i would love to have that problem solved

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    did you try the -32 bit thing in the launch options?

half life 2 doesnt work on vista for me if I dont put that in.
    I looked everywhere on the Valve site for the launcher options and found no command that had 32 bit in there. Do you have the command?
    One cannot improve if they cannot see their mistakes!

If you can't do it right, Don't bother!

DeadEyeDeNNi$ <ibis.a>

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEyeDeNNi$ View Post
    I looked everywhere on the Valve site for the launcher options and found no command that had 32 bit in there. Do you have the command?
    He means run it in compatability mode I think.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

go to my games, right click on it and open properties, then click set launch options and put this in " -32bit"
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

This is how I solved the issue:

1) Go online or to a local software store
    2) Buy Windows 7
    3) Install Windows 7
    4) ?????
    5) Profit

6. Default

Win 7 64 bit fixed that prob entirely for me.

As for XP pro... I had to disable steam community to stop that pesky HL2.EXE crash. It's some kind of overlay bug...
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

I normally get that issue if I go afk long enough to enable my screen saver with the game up and running.
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1040/pinkym.jpg